Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ:Should DHS build a perm. checkpoint at Tubac?

Should Homeland Security build a permanent immigration checkpoint at Tubac?

Yes 53 %
    No 38 %
    I don't know 9 %

Total number of votes: 47

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/local/85890.php

Related storyat the link:

Permanent checkpoint on I-19 in the works?
    SHERYL KORNMAN
    Tucson Citizen
    The Army Corps of Engineers sent letters early this month to property owners in the Tubac area asking for three months of access to their property for an "I-19 checkpoint project."
    The letters said the engineers would do surveys and "other work" on the private property.
    Property owners in the area, about 25 miles north of the Arizona-Mexico border, were assured that no immigration checkpoint would be built until a Government Accountability Office study was completed.
    Curtis Rogers, a 15-year Tubac property owner, who received a letter, said Tuesday he is "appalled that the government is moving forward with this."
    Property owners said a temporary Border Patrol checkpoint in the area has driven illegal immigrants onto their property after smugglers dropped them off so they could make their way around the checkpoint.
    Rep. Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz., whose congressional district is just north of the area, said Tuesday the letters to the property owners are "very disrespectful to the process" and a "violation of the trust people had with the Department of Homeland Security."
    "Homeland Security always said they wanted a permanent checkpoint. Now it appears they're moving ahead. People in my district don't want it," Grijalva said.
    Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, whose district takes in the proposed checkpoint, released a statement Tuesday afternoon saying she was "alarmed to learn that the Army Corps of Engineers was sending letters to my constituents regarding an environmental assessment process for a permanent checkpoint on Interstate 19."
    "After more than a year of community collaboration and negotiations with the Border Patrol, we agreed that planning for a permanent checkpoint would not begin until this occurred," she said.
    She said the Department of Homeland Security and the Border Patrol's Tucson sector informed her that the Army Corps "made a mistake" and a decision on the placement of a permanent checkpoint on I-19 has not been reached.
    "An interim checkpoint will be built and studied prior to public discussions regarding a permanent structure," she said.

Yes 58 %
    No 35 %
    I don't know 7 %

Total number of votes: 60

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Land has long been taken from citizens for the benefit of business so
    is is time for the same process to benefit Americans .
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes 52 %
    No 44 %
    I don't know 4 %

Total number of votes: 181
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

Yes 50 %
    No 45 %
    I don't know 4 %

Yes 54 %
    No 41 %
    I don't know 4 %

Total number of votes: 259

Yes, because it will help to stop illegal aliens from entering the U.S.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change

Yes 55 %

No 41 %

I don't know 4 %

Total number of votes: 262

Yes 54 %
    No 42 %
    I don't know 4 %

Total number of votes: 277

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or Hanged!!! ABRAHAM LINCOLN
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.