Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CHANGE.ORG POLL: NOT LEGITIMATE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

change.org

Final round voting will run from January 5th - 15th

First round voting for the Ideas for Change in America Competition closed at midnight on December 31, 2008.

"Enforce Our Immigration Laws" finished in 2nd Place in the Immigration category and has therefore qualified for the final round. Final round voting will run from January 5th - 15th, and voting totals will be reset at zero for all qualifying ideas to ensure an equal playing field.

Enforce Our Immigration Laws
    Enforce the laws of this country first and formost. Stop pandering to the illegal alien by agreeing with them that the ICE raids must stop. ICE must keep doing their job and they need to deport all illegal aliens who are working here illegally and breaking other laws in America.
    When you take the oath remember who you are working for. That would be the legal citizens of America. The vast majority of voters want our immigration laws enfoced and our borders secured.
    You may also be smart to get ready for the coming drug wars by the Mexican drug cartels who are in all our states but 2. They will be fighting for turf in our communities the same way they are in Mexico, and that fight has taken over 4 thousand lives, it is a real threat and amnesty will only make it worse.
    No path to citizenship, enforce our laws and let the illegal alien go home.

-----------------------------------------

Friends of ALIPAC,

Sorry for the short notice, but we need immediate online votes for the suggestion to the Obama transition team titled, "Enforce Our Immigration Laws"

You will have to create an account to vote, but please proceed to the following link and vote for "Enforce Our Existing Immigration Laws"

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/enforc ... ation_laws

You vote by creating an account, signing in and clicking on the vote totals box to the left of the post title.

After you have registered your vote, you can circulate this poll to others by using this e-mail or the e-mail friends feature.

We are asking you to vote for this post because the suggestions that get the top three vote totals move on to the second round.

Currently, the pro-amnesty people are ahead.

FINAL RESULTS ROUND 1

1. " Pass the DREAM Act Now!" 2,219 votes

2. "Enforce Our Existing Immigration Laws" 1,338 votes

3. " Equal Immigration Rights for same sex binational couples " 1,011 votes

Please vote for "Enforce Our Existing Immigration Laws" and get as many others to do so quickly as you can.

All allied groups are encouraged to notify their e-mail lists of supporters about this effort.

Activists can further assist by posting comments after voting expressing why Amnesty is a bad idea and enforcement is a good idea.

Thank you for the help.

The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us

"Enforce Our Immigration Laws" finished in 2nd Place in the Immigration category and has therefore qualified for the final round. Final round voting will run from January 5th - 15th, and voting totals will be reset at zero for all qualifying ideas to ensure an equal playing field.

Anybody else notice our "enforce current immigration policy" appears to have been removed from their poll results? Check the links below and scroll down to "immigration". If they just nullified our votes and removed that "idea" this needs to be communicated

http://www.change.org/ideas

http://www.change.org/ideas/browse

...edit, saw the other threads about this....its BS

Top 3 Ideas in Immigration (REVISED)

Pass the DREAM Act Now!

Equal Immigration Rights for same sex binational couples

Provide relief for families of immigrants

Obviously it is their opinion or no opinion at all !

105 Votes Enforce our immigration laws

The USA became a great country because most citizens respect and obey the law and because we strive to enforce and apply all laws equally. Those who come here illegally, needy though they may be, are citizens of a country, just not US citizens. They should not be rewarded for breaking the law, as they are not entitiled to the rights of citizens in a country that is not their own. Our symbol for justice, the blind lady holding the scales, demonstrates that all laws should be applied equally for rich and poor and for all ethnicities. To allow foreign citizens to break the law and be rewarded is unequal treatment and diminishes all our laws, undermining our system of justice and fairness for all. Asking those who have entered illegally to leave is not violating their human rights. A country is supposed to protect its citizens because that's what a "country" is. Putting foreign citizens (especially those have come uninvited) ahead of citizens is like parents feeding the neighbor's children before feeding their own. Moreover, just because the world is becoming overpopulated does not mean our country should take in more and more people. We need to return to traditional immigration levels of 250,000/yr. All people everywhere should work to make their own countries better rather than desert their homelands and then expect entitlements in the US. Too many on the lifeboat and it will sink. US population recently doubled and will again in the lifetime of our young people if legal and illegal immigration continue at the current rate Environmental degradation will come with it, as well as social and economic collapse. Is there an overpopulated country that is a great country and in which human rights are respected? As we become overpopulated only the rich and powerful will have a decent life.
    Democracy will not survive. Once we have become purely a destination we can no longer be a guiding light for fledgling democracies.

- Linda Huhn (Environmentalist/photographer), Minneapolis, MN Dec 07 @ 06:41PM PST

I thought this website was part of the Obama administration. I see now that it is not a legitimate website and they are pushing their agenda only.

The part about change and having a represenitive for your government is all lies.

I will no longer waste my time with change.org.

Obviously these people are not about change but even more anti-American corruption.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AGE OF AUTISM

January 03, 2009

Change.gov v. Change.org and Autism Recovery

Yesterday, I received several emails from parents of children with autism who were concerned about an autism blog that they thought was posted at the official website of the Barack Obama Transition Team, www.change.gov. On the blog, it says that, "Recovery from autism is neither possible, nor desirable."

Shortly after posting it, someone alerted me that this website was at www.change.org, and was not affiliated with the President Elect. Though I take small comfort in knowing I am not the first person to make that error, I take responsibility for the mistake.

However, I am not sorry for what I wrote about autism recovery. The basic message remains the same.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/01/org-gov-oops.html

COMMENTS

David,

Your continual fight for our children is always appreciated. This .org crap is such a malicious fraud to what ails my daughter and so many, many others. I hope to see it pulled as it is hurtful and accomplishes nothing. The bizarre and caustic Neurodiverse movement needs to stop harming children.

---------------------

I made the same mistake with the two websites. It's very confusing.

Regardless, I agree that the information on the autism section of Change.org is very offensive to thousands of us.

I have also met recovered children and it's no joke. It's no scam. IT IS REAL! I've witnessed my own son improve greatly with treatments (diet, supplements, chelation, etc).
    ---------------------

Posted by: Libby | January 03, 2009 at 07:15 PM

You know what amazes me most???

The fact that Obama's Transition Team didn't have the *foresight* to nail down all the "dots": org,com,biz,info,us,net,etc.

I mean, isn't that "101" in the common sense department??? Especially given the status of *who* owns .gov??

Now, they'd probably have to fork over a ton of dough if they wanted to buy the .org site in order to avoid confusion.

Unbelievable.

btw- David Taylor- great letter!!!
    --------------------

Posted by: Christine Heeren | January 03, 2009 at 02:58 PM

Thank you for posting this, David. I received an e-mail yesterday mentioning the new autism blog and thought as most that it was Obama's site. I was horrified when I read their list of "10 things." They clearly have a strong point of view on autism that most families I have heard from do not share. I know I certainly don't. I feel SO MUCH BETTER knowing that it is indeed not in any way affiliated with the President-Elect. The sick feeling in my stomach for the past 14 hours is gone. Thanks!

-----------------------

Posted by: The menace of ASD adults | January 03, 2009 at 02:43 PM

Your honest mistake is unfortunate.

On the question of whether a cure for autism is possible it is preposterous for these two neurodiversity bloggers to claim that no cure is possible. Dr. Chew at least should be well educated enough to know better than to make such an absurd, absolutist statement.

There are many other offensive statements in the first offerings on this new Neurodiverity propaganda site. Apparently Dr. Chew's degree in Greek and Latin classics enables her to forsee the future and know that a cure will never be found. She should tell the many scientists and researchers engaged in seeking a cure for autism that their biological and medical education and experience has deceived them and they should cease wasting their lives in futile endeavors.

Perhaps the professor of Greek and Latin classic literature can also tell this humble small town lawyer what legal, moral and common sense basis she and other strangers have to tell parents what they should think, say and do about THEIR children's autism disorders.

Maybe I lack Dr. Chew's degree in omniscience but I certainly don't see any basis in law, science or common sense for the 10 Neurodiversity commandments proclaimed by Dr. Chew and Ms Raymaker in "10 Autism Controversies",

http://autism.change.org/blog/view/10_a ... troversies .

Posted by: Harold L Doherty | January 03, 2009 at 02:43 PM

--------------------------------
    Skip
    Previewing your Comment

Change.org is not affiliated with president Elect OBama. They will not take ideas from all of the people. They will only bolster their own cause. Their vote for the 10 most popular causes was rigged and changed to only show the results that they support. Change . Org is not a legitamate voice of the people. President elect O’bama’s website is Change.Gov.

Please only use President Elect OBama's website http://change.gov/.

I found out this website because my wife works for the Temecula School System as a teacher for students with Autism.

SUN EDITORIAL:

Getting a voice

Obama’s team gives the public a much-needed say in the health care debate

Sun, Jan 4, 2009 (2:04 a.m.)

As it drafts its proposals to improve health care, President-elect Barack Obama’s transition team is asking for the public’s help, encouraging people to meet and discuss the issue.

The Obama team asked for interested members of the public to gather to discuss their views and submit comments via the Web site change.org. Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, Obama’s nominee for secretary of health and human services, said about 8,500 meetings were held in the last two weeks of December.

“This is an indication of the degree of severity and concern that people have all over the country,â€

December 08, 2008

Seeking Advice for President Obama
    Change.org, a Web site that connects donors with causes, is taking President-elect Barack Obama up on his offer to hear from “all Americans.â€

Thanks Skip. We really need to get the word out about change. org.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast