Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrants in Greece March-Claim Racism

I thought this was interesting. Guess many immigrant groups in many countries try to use the "racism" thing. The article doesn't go into the reasons for their claims of racism. I know real racism does occur sometimes - like LaRaza is racist. At least these are legal immigrants in Greece, or at least I'm assuming, since most countries actually limit their immigration and enforce their immigration laws. (Photo at site, I wasn't able to copy photo. There are several photos of various May Day protests around the world, this one in Greece is the first photo.)

May Day
    (May 1st, 2009 @ 12:45pm)

Immigrants who live in Greece demonstrate during May Day march carrying a banner and placards against racism, in Athens on Friday, May 1, 2009. Thousands of protesters marched through the Greek capital during May Day protests, as strikes disrupted public transport, ferry services and flights by Greek carrier Olympic Airlines. (AP Photo/Thanassis Stavrakis)

http://www.ktar.com/index.php?nid=237&sid=1147710
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Screaming racism and discrimination has been a matter of routine since the beginning of mankind.

And, just as it has always existed, it has always been perpetrated against those who have suceeded and prospered by those who....for whatever reason....are lacking in some way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Screaming racism and discrimination has been a matter of routine since the beginning of mankind.

And, just as it has always existed, it has always been perpetrated against those who have suceeded and prospered by those who....for whatever reason....are lacking in some way.
    Have the racism/discrimination cries really been used since the beginning of mankind? I really thought it was a more recent phenomenon, that started in recent decades. I figured that certain groups have realized how well it has worked, especially in the U.S., to get special treatment and privileges, and to blame others for their problems.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Have the racism/discrimination cries really been used since the beginning of mankind? I really thought it was a more recent phenomenon, that started in recent decades. I figured that certain groups have realized how well it has worked, especially in the U.S., to get special treatment and privileges, and to blame others for their problems.

I definitely think so. It may not have been called exactly that, but I'm an absolute history fiend and the more I've read and watched on the subject, the more it has seemed to me that the problems we see and experience in today's world, are not at all that far removed from what has always occured between peoples, civilizations, etc.

It's just my own opinion of course but there seems to be an underlying theme there.

I'd think that the more recent phenomenon is that where before there wasn't, today we have legislation, the concept of PC and a whole plethora of other things which, of course, WERE necessary to prevent the mistreatment of others to a degree, but have now become exploited to the point of being ridiculous.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is really interesting. If what you have found is true, someone - maybe you! - should write a book or teach a class on The History of Racism Claims and Exploitation, or something to that effect.

I really thought of it as a modern-day phenomenon, starting primarily in the U.S. This actually makes me feel better about it for some reason. I guess because it is so obvious to some of us that groups exploit it, and it is so frustrating. It helps me to think it might just be due to human nature, with the drive to use it so powerful. Like they HAVE TO use it, for their own sanity, because the alternative is to face a reality they don't want to face.

I do not think that they are legal where in Europe that has a large African population has lower wages than Greece.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)