Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Majority of Americans lack faith in Obama: poll

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Nearly 60 percent of American voters say they lack faith in President Barack Obama, according to a public opinion poll published on Tuesday.

The results of the Washington Post/ABC News poll are a reversal of what voters said at the start of Obama's presidency 18 months ago when about 60 percent expressed confidence in his decision making.

Confidence in Obama is at a new low but the poll found that his numbers are still higher than lawmakers of either major party four months ahead of the November congressional elections.

Asked how much confidence they have in Obama to make the right decisions for the country's future, 58 percent of respondents said "just some" or "none."

Sixty-eight percent expressed the same sentiments about Democrats in Congress and 72 percent said the same of Republicans.

The Post said problems in the housing industry, sluggish job growth and other economic issues may have taken a toll on Obama's approval rating.

Just 43 percent of all Americans, including a third of Democrats, now say they approve of the job Obama is doing on the economy, while 54 percent disapprove.

The survey also found wide anti-incumbent sentiment with 62 percent of voters saying they were not inclined to support their current representative.

All 435 seats in the House of Representatives are up for grabs in the November 2 election as well as 36 of the 100 Senate seats.

Democrats now control both houses of Congress, but a slight majority of those polled said they would prefer to have Republicans in control to serve as a check on Obama's policies.

The poll of 1,288 people was conducted July 7-11 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100713/us_nm/us_obama_poll
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    A lot of dems are going to vote repub in Nov because they got suckered by this con man also.

Not all dems are raving moonbats ,

I think you will see the indys swing this back the other way, the independents are the largest voting block that makes a difference , not the hispanics as some claim.

you will also see alot of people not even bother to vote this year because they are so frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    A lot of dems are going to vote repub in Nov because they got suckered by this con man also.

Not all dems are raving moonbats ,

I think you will see the indys swing this back the other way, the independents are the largest voting block that makes a difference , not the hispanics as some claim.

Thanks, I guess. Evidently not all Repubs are lunatics. LOL
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

The media pushed Obama big time, he is a good talker, came across as a great uniter, etc. I often wondered how this virtually unknown politician was elevated so fast and that made me leery from the get-go.

When I ask myself 'what is going right in this country right now?' I can't think of anything and when I ask others they can't think of anything positive either.

Someone ought to dig out his pre-election comments, such as 'no one who makes under $250,000 will see their taxes increase.' And I believe the statement 'if you like you present medical insurance coverage you can keep it' will fade away as the details of the health care bill become evident.

The Independents have become increasingly important. I'm one because I've become disgusted with both parties. Those are the voters that ought to make both parties nervous.

Just hope enough people are becoming better informed before the 2010 elections.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn