Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Justice Department to Allow Illegal Aliens to Vote

Obama Justice Department to Allow Illegal Aliens to Vote in Georgia
    -- Karen Handel Fights to Stop It--

ATLANTA, GA (June 2, 2009) - In a recent and shockingly political move, the Obama Justice Department ordered Georgia to stop the process of verifying that voters in Georgia are indeed U.S. Citizens.

"It is a sad day for the rights of our state and for the integrity of our elections," said Karen. "I remain committed to continuing the fight for citizenship verification. In the coming days, I will consider every option available to the state, including the possibility of legal action."

This morning, Karen posted a petition on her website to tell the Obama Justice Department that Georgians support citizenship verification for voter registration. We've set a goal of collecting 10,000 signatures by next week, so please sign the petition today and ask your friends, neighbors and family members to do the same.

Join Karen Handel's fight to stop illegal aliens from voting by signing the petition now.

The ruling also prevents Georgia from even verifying that a voter actually exists. This opens the door for groups like ACORN to abuse the voter registration system.

Handel said, "The Obama Administration completely disregarded Georgia's obvious and direct interest in preventing non-citizens from voting, instead siding with the ACLU and the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF). Clearly, politics took priority over common sense and good public policy."

Committed to the integrity of our elections, Karen has said "Bring It On" in the face of this challenge. Please stand with her by signing her free and fair elections petition right now.
    This is not just a fight in Georgia. If this injustice is not stopped here, it could spread nationwide and open the door to illegal aliens voting in every state. Here are a sampling of some headlines from around the country...
    Obama Dept. of Justice Shows Shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections

Redstate.com, June 2, 2009
    Handel Defiant after feds reject Georgia voter screening

Atlanta Journal Constitution, June 1, 2009
    DOJ Opposes Georgia voter screening

UPI, June 1, 2009
    Justice Dept. Rejects Ga. Prevote Citizenship Checks

The Wall Street Journal, June 1, 2009

Help Karen today. Sign the petition .

http://www.theweekly.com/news/2009/June ... liens.html

Sign Petition against Illegal Aliens voting in Georgia!

We’ve fought hard to protect the fairness and integrity of Georgia’s elections. Recently, however, in a shockingly political move, the Obama Justice Department threw out our verification program and opened the door for non-citizens to vote in Georgia.

The right to fair and honest elections is the most basic in our Democracy, and I am committed to fighting the liberal special interest groups and the Washington politicians who want to throw our election laws out the door.

Please help me send a message to the Obama administration on this issue by signing the petition below.

We've set a goal of collecting 10,000 signatures by next week, so please sign the petition below telling the Obama Justice Department that thousands of Georgians support citizenship verification for voter registration. When you're finished, I hope you'll forward it to you friends, neighbors and family members asking them to join the fight to protect our elections.

Think illegal aliens and non-citizens should be able to vote in Georgia, Mr. President? I don’t. Bring It On.

Thanks for your support,
    Karen
    Help Karen Handel Stop Non-Citizens from Voting in Georgia
    * required information

Sign the petition today.
    First Name:*
    Last Name:*
    Email:*
    ZIP/Postal Code:*

http://www.karenhandel.com/site/c.nmL0K ... id=4927854

Insane! I just signed it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perhaps they need a taste of their own medicine. We need to start playing the same cheat game. How about Georgia getting people from "all over" to sign the petition or better yet vote! Lets give the Obama Justice Dept. what they want, illegal voting!

Holder undermines Georgia’s voter verification rules; ACOR

Holder undermines Georgia’s voter verification rules; ACORN cheers
    By Michelle Malkin • June 2, 2009 11:16 AM
    Photoshop credit: Leo Alberti

First, Attorney General Eric Holder and the DOJ protect the New Black Panther Party bullies who menaced a Philly voting station last fall.

Now, Holder and the DOJ are opening the voter fraud floodgates in Georgia. The Georgia secretary of state explains:

Obama Justice Department Decision Will Allow Non-Citizens to Register to Vote in Georgia
    Decision Bars Georgia From Continuing Voter Verification Process

Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel issued the following statement following the U.S. Department of Justice’s denial of preclearance of Georgia’s voter verification process:

Atlanta - “The decision by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to deny preclearance of Georgia’s already implemented citizenship verification process shows a shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections. With this decision, DOJ has now barred Georgia from continuing the citizenship verification program that DOJ lawyers helped to craft. DOJ’s decision also nullifies the orders of two federal courts directing Georgia to implement the procedure for the 2008 general election. The decision comes seven months after Georgia requested an expedited review of the preclearance submission.

“DOJ has thrown open the door for activist organizations such as ACORN to register non-citizens to vote in Georgia’s elections, and the state has no ability to verify an applicant’s citizenship status or whether the individual even exists. DOJ completely disregarded Georgia’s obvious and direct interest in preventing non-citizens from voting, instead siding with the ACLU and MALDEF. Clearly, politics took priority over common sense and good public policy.

“This process is critical to protecting the integrity of our elections. We have evidence that non-citizens have voted in past Georgia elections and that more than 2,100 individuals have attempted to register, yet still have questions regarding their citizenship. Further, the Inspector General’s office is investigating more than 30 cases of non-citizens casting ballots in Georgia elections, including the case of a Henry County non-citizen who registered to vote and cast ballots in 2004 and 2006.

“It is important to underscore that not a single person has come forward to say he or she could not vote because of the verification process. Further, while DOJ argues that the process is somehow discriminatory, the historic voter turnout among Hispanic and African-American voters in the 2008 general elections clearly says otherwise.

“This decision provides a specific example of the inherently illogical and unfair nature of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. It is a sad day for the rights of our state and for the integrity of our elections. I remain committed to continuing the fight for citizenship verification. In the coming days, I will consider every option available to the state, including the possibility of legal action.â€

ELE

The writing is on the wall Americans- vote Republican!

I signed the petition as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is it that they actually did to allow illegals to vote?

I signed the petition and passed on to others to sign.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    What is it that they actually did to allow illegals to vote?

That's what I'm not getting either.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the second article makes it sound as if various organizations filed suit to stop implementation, but had been defeated clear up until Oct. 2008 where the time line ends.

I would assume that the special interests are going to keep right on going, of course, but there's nothing after Oct. 2008....at which time the courts sided with GA......and I'm not seeing where the DOJ has issued specific orders that GA is to stop verifying voter registrations.

I mean, the DOJ has no authority to even DO that, does it?

What you need to register to vote in NY:

Your identity must be verified prior to election day, so that you will
    not have to provide identification when you vote. Your identity can
    be verified through your DMV number (driver’s license number or
    non-drive ID number), or the last four digits of your social security
    number, as requested in Box 9 of this application.
    If your identity is not verified before election day, you will be asked
    to provide identification when you vote for the first time. Samples of
    the identification you may provide include a valid photo ID, a current
    utility bill, bank statement, government check or some other
    government document that shows your name and address.

2398 without E-Verify and you're a voter. I'm guessing the same thing is true in many, many states. How did you think NY and NYC got taken over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast