Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OREGON POLL: Should illegals get in-state tuition?

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/

poll is in the center over half way down the page

Do you support allowing students who are not legal citizens to pay in-state tuition at Oregon's public universities?

Yes 15.7%
    No 80.6%

We need some of you to get on the emails and phone lines right away to the Education Committee members in Oregon and tell them that a Statesman Journal online poll at this link shows over 80% opposition to their in=state tuition for illegals bill.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes 14.2%

No 82.4%

Not sure 3.0%

Don't care 0.4%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

oll is in the center over half way down the page

Do you support allowing students who are not legal citizens to pay in-state tuition at Oregon's public universities?

Yes 13.8%
    No 82.5%

Well, the Education Committee got an earful yesterday, I'm sure.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Well, the Education Committee got an earful yesterday, I'm sure.
    They did get an earful but are planning to proceed. All the local news reports are saying that they want to move the bill forward and reward lawbreakers and make ME pay for it.

We need to keep the pressure on these sellouts at the Oregon Legislature.

Kim Thatcher is the only one with a lick of sense down there.

Take a look at the comments section below the article, almost universally against the bill.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article ... GECAROUSEL
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Its overwhelming!!! AS ALWAYS!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

While the clueless bleeding hearts are whining about in state tuition for illegal aliens, stories like these are buried.

http://brighthall.aol.com/2009/04/12/co ... mployment/

College Seniors Leaving Jobs to Search for Employment
    Joshua Sharp
    Posted: Apr 12th 2009 10:06PM

Filed under: Small Campus, Big Story, USC, The Economy, Recession on Campus

Bright Hall explores the far-reaching effects of the financial crisis on the youth and campuses of America. Click here for the full series.

In an e-mail to fellow student workers in a university office, my colleague penned a letter which was at once both sad and terrifically ironic.

"I'm having a much harder time finding a full-time job after graduation than I anticipated," my friend, a senior majoring in print journalism, wrote.

"Unfortunately, I am going to have to cut back on my hours ... in order to dedicate more time to the job search," she said, asking if anyone could pick up her Friday shift for the rest of the semester.

The mood among campus seniors hinges on whether one has plans for after graduation. With final exams approaching and graduation ceremonies only a few weeks away, a sense of anxiety is increasingly apparent -- and it's not just the print journalism majors who are struggling.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 13.9 percent of adults between the ages of 20 and 24 were unemployed last month, well over the national average of 9 percent. Adults ages 25-34 face similar odds, with 10 percent unemployed.

The New York Times today rightly points out that even though older Americans have lower unemployment rates, they face longer periods of unemployment and are paid substantially less in new jobs.

But breaking into the job market is proving to be an especially difficult task in the current economic climate. Many college seniors have already completed one or more unpaid internships, and the idea of beginning another -- a common piece of advice -- is both unappealing and often financially impossible.

My friend's on-campus job is her third part-time position this semester, in addition to a full class schedule. With her apartment lease ending, she's searching for a new apartment, in which city she knows not, and faces dauntingly high security deposits upon reaching a decision.

Perhaps sleeping on the parents' couch in the interim isn't such a bad idea. But for graduates of an elite institution, the prospect of temporary unemployment despite a hard-earned four-year degree is only now fathomable in the incredulous minds of students.

And so, some seniors are cutting hours at their campus jobs ... to spend more time searching for employment.
    "

Good point Miguelina. I'll bookmark this story and use it when I see the usual MSM "Dream Act" sob stories.

Yes,,,12.1
    no...83.3
    not sure 3.5
    don't care 1.0
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

Yes 11.6

NO 83.8