Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll about troops on the border

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/6893267/deta ... 02006&ts=H

Do you believe the government should put troops on the border to assist the border patrol?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Voted!

Not as a backup for law officers along the border but as a primary blocking force NOW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Voted!

I hear that, Charles, but the Border Patrol needs help NOW. Those guys are brave souls, to say the least, to be out there isolated in the desert against armed invaders. I don't want them to lose their jobs or be replaced for their valour like so many others because of the illegal aliens and drug smugglers they have been hired to deter. That wouldn't be fair at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I hear that, Charles, but the Border Patrol needs help NOW. Those guys are brave souls, to say the least, to be out there isolated in the desert against armed invaders. I don't want them to lose their jobs or be replaced for their valour like so many others because of the illegal aliens and drug smugglers they have been hired to deter. That wouldn't be fair at all.
    Used as a backup force: Would require them to respond to an action that is occurring or has occurred. The slow response of a military force would be to little to late to assist the forces (BP) under attack. Since most ambushes or gun fights last only moments to minutes unless it is an all out pitched battle which is not happening.

But if they were already in place, like they are at Ft. Huachuca, then it wouldn't be a matter of deploying anything. I am under the impression that they would be there and if things get out of hand for the BP, the military would move in and use their force. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    But if they were already in place, like they are at Ft. Huachuca, then it wouldn't be a matter of deploying anything. I am under the impression that they would be there and if things get out of hand for the BP, the military would move in and use their force. Am I wrong?
    lets say they were on stand by at Ft. Huachuca and the BP were being fired upon 75 miles away on the border how long do you think it would take for: BP makes contact by radio to their dispatcher. Dispatcher contacts Ft. Huachuca. Troops on alert are called out, transported to helo pad, loaded. Then flown to the sight where they will be dismounted formed up and after being briefed on where, who, how many will then start to take action...... Bad guys hear the coppers coming and are back across the border cleaning their 50 cal guns.

Only way to do this is roving military patrols between stationary OP's supporting the beefed up BP patrols. Example Korean border.

Do you agree with Bonner's proposal to use American Military Forces as backup for law officers along the border?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 134 Votes
    Yes 119 89%
    No 15 11%

Of course the answer is YES!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I see, Charles. Roving patrols it must be, then. I visualized the military being scattered about in the background near the trouble spots where they could advance on a moment's notice. But, I freely admit that I don't know how military operations actually work and I do know they can't deploy troops in five minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast