Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If anything in Arizona needs to be boycotted, this political publicity stunt needs to be. I think a campaign to stop attendance at this particular game should be under way. They gladly take money out of the hands of Americans, but just like their illegal alien counter parts, they show a blatant disrespect for the citizens and state of Arizona and their attempts at trying to rightfully gain control over their border with Mexico. Who ever is pushing this stunt apparently believes that Arizonians have no right to express themselves in saying they're tired of the violence associated with illegal immigration along their border, the financial drain it has put on the state and the damage it is doing to Arizona's infrastructure and image as a lawful state. I believe The Suns need to lose some serious revenue and fan base over this. Sports figures and other entertainers as "groups" need to keep their political opinions to themselves and stick to entertaining only. It makes me wonder how many of these guys on the team are participating in this stunt under duress only going along with it afraid to show any personal opposition due to fears of retaliation from their team mates or owners if they don 't participate.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Moving from General Discussion to Polls.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes. They have every right to express their opinion. 58%
    No. Sports should be kept free of political issues. 41%
    I'm not sure. 1%

Banned

Same poll different readers

http://www.ktar.com/ Should professional sports -- such as NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL -- take stands on issues like Arizona's immigration law? Read more
    Yes, as part of our culture and society.
    15% (24)
    No, they should stay out of politics.
    85% (141)

Total Votes: 165

Re: Send an email to NBA main office!!

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Send an EMAIL to the NBA main office... !!!! http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html
    DONE!!!!!!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Banned

Re: Same poll different readers

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    http://www.ktar.com/ Should professional sports -- such as NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL -- take stands on issues like Arizona's immigration law? Read more
    Yes, as part of our culture and society.
    15% (24)
    No, they should stay out of politics.
    85% (141)

Total Votes: 165
    From the blogs of the readers of this story............ http://www.ktar.com/public/comment/grou ... comments=1

Thank you for voting.

Do you think it's proper for the team to make this statement against Arizona's immigration law?

Yes. They have every right to express their opinion. 53%

No. Sports should be kept free of political issues. 46%

I'm not sure. 1%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you think it's proper for the team to make this statement against Arizona's immigration law?

I'm not sure. 1%

Poll Results

Thank you for voting.

I'm not sure. 1%

Revelation 3:20 (New International Version)
    It is written,... Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

White House on Los Suns

White House on Los Suns and ImmigrationThe White House won't say if immigration reform is going to get done this year, but White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says President Obama will talk about immigration Wednesday night when the White House celebrates Cinco de Mayo.

While Gibbs acknowledges there's a lot on Obama's plate right now, he wouldn't say if the administration would punt immigration reform to a later date, perhaps even a second term if they were to even get back into office. Gibbs did talk in the daily press briefing about the need for bi-partisan immigration reform saying "This is not going to pass with a one party vote." Gibbs said Obama was asked to reach out to republicans, and he has, and the White House believes that has moved the process along.

Meanwhile, the Phoenix Suns who are currently playing in the NBA playoffs plan to don jerseys Wednesday night that will show their support for Hispanics in the state of Arizona. Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver said the team will wear "Los Suns" jerseys “to honor our Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona, and our nation.â€

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast