Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question About Poll on Illegal Immigration

I have a friend that insists there was a recent poll done by the Pew Hispanic Center (she thought) that said only 6% of Americans listed illegal immigration as a concern in their selection of a presidential candidate. She feels there are many "more important" issues.

Does this sound right to anyone? It sure doesn't sound right to me!
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Banned
    There was a report listed by them at....

http://www.pewtrusts.org/uploadedFiles/ ... 805.pdf.... which is Attitudes toward Immigrants and Immigration Policy:
    Surveys among Latinos in the U.S. and in Mexico...

I would tend to believe even the dems concerns would be higher the 5%

Thank you. I get a "page cannot be found" message for that link. Do you have another link?
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Banned
    I think the fact that it was taken by "the Pew Hispanic center"

Should tell the story

Polls can be skewed any way they want them to be

No, doesn't sound right but consider that Pew and other pro illegal groups will say anything. The number one emergency is the economy, but who do you imagine is the greatest contributor to that problem? No, it couldn't possibly be the illegal aliens..perish the thought. Welfare, hud housing, education and health benefits for the invading army with taxpayer funds. My only surprise is that it took so long.
    In 2005, analysts predicted the crash of the housing market because of the ARM coming due. Such a surprise that so many low income people were given home loans without verifiable job history. Our government planned this to usher in the Amero. What derailed some of the plans for the North American Union was, we the people, who made our voices heard.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Yeah I know, but I am really tired of this friend dismissing my concerns and downplaying the problem of illegal immigration. She is extremely liberal. She said she thought was the "Pew Center or some other conservative source". If it was in fact the Pew center who did the survey and only Latinos were polled it would be rather like asking the fox to guard the henhouse. I would also point out to her that the media didn't exactly mention WHO they polled. She thinks mainstream media is very reliable and she thinks my sources are wackos that need to wear tin foil hats.

Banned
    Sorry thats the only link i have
    I just re-checked it worked maybe try refreshing But....

I think we would have a hard time finding 5 Americans that say illegal immigration is not a concern to them... let alone 5 %
    but you never know what differnt polls from differnt organzations such as Pew center comes up with.

Cnn changes it day to day
    The last time I looked they had out of 1000 people polled in SC 37% said it ( illegal immigration) was the most important issue... but that was a few weeks back

The economy is in the critical condition BECAUSE of illegal immigration.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson