Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rasmussen: Most Voters Say Government Encourages Illegal Imm

Most Voters Say Government Encourages Illegal Immigration
    Monday, September 27, 2010

While the headlines have cooled a bit in recent weeks, voters feel more strongly than ever that the federal government is encouraging illegal immigration and that states like Arizona have the answer to the problem.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 62% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the policies and practices of the federal government encourage people to enter the United States illegally, up six points from October of last year. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Only 23% disagree and think the federal government is not encouraging illegal immigration, but another 16% are not sure.

Sixty-three percent (63%) of voters now favor passage of an immigration law like Arizona’s in their own state, despite the U.S. Justice Department’s highly-publicized lawsuit challenging the law in court. That’s a four-point increase from late July. Twenty-six percent (26%) oppose such a law in their state.

www.rasmussenreports.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS

That is why we have to elect politicians who will not support illegal aliens. THe Democrats and the Republicans alike support amnesty for illegal aliens. We have to vote them out. In November we have to remove from office all the Democrats and in 2012 we have to replace Obama. We know they will always support illegal aliens. So let's replace them. We do not need them.

Banned
    they need to get rid of this idiotic "racial profiling"

You criminal profile those that are the biggest offenders

Survey wording:

National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
    Conducted September 24-25, 2010
    By Rasmussen Reports

1* Do the policies and practices of the federal government encourage people to enter the United States illegally?

Absolutely YES

2* When it comes to immigration reform, which is more important… gaining control of the border or legalizing the status of undocumented workers already living in the United States?

Gaining control and throwing out the undocumented workers --and all other illegal aliens--through internal enforcement

3* Suppose the new Arizona immigration law was being considered for your state. Would you favor or oppose passage of that law in your state?

Favor, march for, write letters in support of...

4* Which is the better approach to dealing with illegal immigration—allowing individual states to act on their own to enforce immigration laws or relying upon the federal government to enforce immigration laws?

Do BOTH assuming the feds will actually cooperate

5* When it comes to determining how you will vote this November, how important is the issue of immigration?

Number ONE

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

I agree, illegal immigration is #1 on my mind this comming november.I WILL vote against anyone not wanting to enforce immigration laws.
    In GOD We Trust

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike
    I agree, illegal immigration is #1 on my mind this comming november.I WILL vote against anyone not wanting to enforce immigration laws.
    Yes, sometimes a person just has to be a one issue voter and plan to fight other things later.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong