Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rudy Giuliani, Duncan Hunter Lead GOP Straw Poll

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/2/74535.shtml

Friday, March 2, 2007 7:42 a.m. EST
    Rudy Giuliani, Duncan Hunter Lead GOP Straw Poll

In a sign of what die-hard Republicans may think of the field of presidential contenders, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani was leading 10 other candidates Thursday in a straw poll in conservative Spartanburg County, South Carolina.

With 81 of 92 precincts reporting, Giuliani garnered 158 votes. California Rep. Duncan Hunter was a close second with 152 votes, and Arizona Sen. John McCain was third with 116 votes, according to county GOP officials.

Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback had 83 votes, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney had 80 votes and Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee rounded out the front-runners with 21 votes.

The voting isn't binding and comes as the county party goes about the business of organizing precincts and ultimately sending people to its county convention and the state GOP convention in May.

People attending meetings starting at 7 p.m. could vote for one of 11 GOP candidates who have said they're running for the nomination or have set up exploratory committees.

Rick Beltram, the county's GOP chairman, said he expected fewer than 2,000 people to vote.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I saw this last night. I think Tancredo only got 5 votes. But it is great that Hunter is up there!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Rudy Giuliani is a RHINO. What's wrong with people?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)