Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should NC Cities make English the official language?

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/ ... rID=125425

Poll is on the right.

Please ignore this biased piece of crap article attached to it.

W

Should North Carolina cities pass legislation that would make English the official language?

Yes
    293 (91%)

No
    23 (7%)

Not sure
    5 (2%)

Total Votes: 321
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

English it is!!!!

trying going to Saudi Arabia and tell every one to speak English and see what happens to you!!!
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

As a transplanted Yankee living in North Carolina I like the way folks talk now, why switch to English? LOL

Should North Carolina cities pass legislation that would make English the official language?

Yes
    300 (91%)
    No
    23 (7%)
    Not sure
    5 (2%)
    Total Votes: 328
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yessssss 327 (92%)

Still a solid 92%.
    I always wonder who these people are who check 'not sure.' ha!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes: 340 (92%)
    No: 24 (7%)
    Not sure: 5 (1%)

Total: 369
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Yes 433 (94%)
    No 25 (5%)
    Not sure 5 (1%)

Total Votes: 463

Yes

521 (93%)
    No

31 (6%)
    Not sure

6 (1%)
    Total Votes: 558

Submit a comment on this poll.

View Poll Archives

Viewer Responses

The official language is English already. It's the primary language spoken in this country. Unfortunately, there are too many issues with illegal immigrants that now it has to be officialized. It is stupid but it must be done. We all know we would learn the language of any country we plan to reside in but if we didnt have to learn, we wouldn't. The free ride is our elected officials not standing up for America and Americans! P.C. is garbage for American taxpayers.

-Learn English or Go Home

Everywhere you look you see warning signs posted by the government in English and Spanish. Who do you think pays for the extra signs? Taxpayers. Just like we are paying out every day due to illegal immigration.

-RB

What exactly is making it the official language going to mean? Take for example here in Charlotte with the large Hispanic demographic, there are so many of them that hardly speak English or dont speak it at all. Are we going to ignore them? I can't tell how tired I get at explaining things to 7 and 8-year-olds because their parents can't or don't want to know the language. Yeah it should be the official language. This is America, right?

-da glove

English as the "official language," you're darn right. Look what happened to Miami, Florida. Where else in the world would this question come up? Welcome to America.

-Native born, English speaking American

Personally I do not think this should even be an issue. English should have been the official language from the beginning, no questions asked.

-Anonymous

What an infuriating subject. The vote tally says it all. Thank goodness the majority has some sense on this subject.

-Anonymous

Nothing like a person who can't speak any English using the social services for health, etc. Yet we have so many Americans who can't afford any medical care.

-Espanol Por Favor

This is hilarious! I've never heard of something so dumb before. Why do we have to have legislation that would tell us what the "official language" is. If you go to Spain, the language is Spanish. If you go to Germany, the language is German. Why waste taxpayers' money and time on something so trivial. Unbelievable.

-Are you serious?!

English should be the offical spoken and written language of the USA. Governments will still need to supply forms for those people who are just arriving legally until they can learn English. Classes should be offered free of charge to any legal citizen to learn to speak and write English so they are able to function in society.

-BHD

And they plan to enforce this how? Are police, fire and rescue workers going to deny aid to someone because they can't speak English? How are they going to collect fines? Just another waste of legislators' time when they could be focusing on real issues. Maybe one day our country as a whole will come to the realization that politicians are useless when it comes to real issues. Perhaps we can find a better way to govern our great country.

-Devil's Advocate

I don't think English should be the official language, however I do think that any government paperwork should be in English. I guess I do think English should be the official language. Oh, I also really dislike having to choose Spanish or English when I use an ATM.

-Tired

Making English the official langauge may sound great to some Americans who are increasingly anxious about immigrants in their midst, but it will solve nothing. It will, however, make life much more difficult for those alrelady struggling to make their place in our society. Let's not kid ourselves: it's racist to the core!

-Dan Aleman

I don't think that any other country, due to an influx of immigrants (legal or illegal), in history has changed it's native language to accomodate a section of the population. If I move to a different country, I wouldn't expect that country to change just for me. I would learn the lingo. But here, it's all about making the money and keeping everyone happy so that politicians and CEOs can keep their sweet jobs and fat paychecks.

-mad brad

To bad the Indians didn't have a choice. The Cherokee language from what I have heard is a beautiful dialect. However, in this day and age for the benefit of N.C. businesses, we should keep our language English. Our businesses, however, should offer classes after work to teach our fellow immigrants the English language. Soon the employees will learn the basics and take what they have learned home.....hopefully.

-Locust dude

What does "official language" mean? Are 911 operators only allowed to speak English, and therefore cannot assist other language callers? Are important documents about diaster planning and evacution only printed in English? Are emergency messages on TV and radio only broadcast in English? Are preventive health services, like alcohol, drug and HIV materials only produced and distributed in English?

-Jay W.

If the Hispanics want to take advantage of Governor Greasley's free ride to North Carolina and America, why not make them at least learn the majority language of the country.

- Sorry NO speaka Englash!

It's a lot easier for foreigners to learn some English than it is for every establishment in N.C. to hire translators, remake every document of every kind or post signs in four languages. The majority rules. If I move to France, I know that I had better learn some French. Why should another country recreate American versions of everything for me if I'm not even motivated enough to educate myself enough to gain employment, shop or go to the hospital if there's an emergency?

-blah blah blah
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Do you think North Carolina towns should require English as their official language?

Yes 936 (93%)
    No 64 (6%)
    Don't know 11 (1%)

Total Votes: 1011