Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Urgent! Will the fence be built?

http://www.news8austin.com/content/head ... 28&SecID=2

Do you think the 700-mile border fence will ever be built?

Yes. 185 (19%)
    Yes, but not anytime soon. 179 (18%)
    Maybe - there's no way to fund it yet. 131 (13%)
    No, it won't be built. 458 (47%)
    Other. 25 (3%)
    Total Votes: 978

I've put in way too much effort to believe for one second that politicians are going to juke me out of a small portion of the fence we need. That's just rhetorical liberal crap. The liberals are pissed because it passed.

Please answer this poll and leave a comment in answer to some of this foolishness.

Viewer Responses

A fence? What's next, internment camps? Illegal immigration from Mexico has been going on forever. Suddenly illegal immigrants have been made out to be the root of all of our problems. Should we just outsource their jobs to India?

-dave

I think it should not be built. It is inhumane. There has to be a better way to solve the immigration problem. Why is the USA so greedy? Why can't the rich in Mexico help their people? Can't we be cooperative and find solutions instead of putting more obstacles in peoples' paths? We only have one world. Let's unite to make it better.

-

What a boodoggle! Do the repubs really think this fence will make any difference? And who do they expect will build the fence, if not the illegal aliens?, Hahah, I doubt if I see ONE white boy with a shovel out there!!!!

-Will you ppl be out there in the sun building it?

Amen! Let's keep those east germans out of this country.

-

Try living in the border area and you would know that a fence is a must. The people of mexico need to enter like our ancestors did in New York. Our ranchers can not check on cattle without being armed.

-very pro fence---

It only gained passage to help the Republicans come election day.

-Jean

That fence would be an embarrassment. The only way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers who hire illegal immigrants. We will have to pay more for goods and services, and that is the reality we have to face.

-George C.

I voted "other" as in No - I hope not. Until they stop using this issue as polictical fodder, until they ratchet down the rhetoric, until they stop throwing fear-bombs about the issue, there can be no useful intelligent discourse. It needs to be addressed by all parties and a thoughtful intelligent operational plan developed that isn't a way to get elected or a bandaid. The current process/solution is worse than useless.

-mimi

They'll build the first 100 miles of it, then the next 100 miles will be built using the first 100 miles of materials as it is taken down and recycled by the illegal immigrants hired to build it.

-

Eagle pass has had a 90 % drop in illegals since their zero tolerance! Start prosecuting them and watch the numbers drop.

-investigate Doggett for treason

It seems that some people are unable to distinguish between a fence to keep lawbreakers OUT, and what amounts to prison walls to keep some (i.e., East Germans) captive. And they mock our "outright ignorance" while displaying their own. Others, in a pitiful attempt to win support, play the race card . . . even though some of the people most vehemently opposed to ILLEGAL immigrants are hispanics that were born here to legal parents or came here legally themselves.

-Too many inDUHviduals with computers . . .

I agree-contractors hire a bunch of illegal immigrants to get the job done, They should be the one deported!, THEY break the law by hiring them. They are the reason they come here.

-But I guess it`s OK for the white man to break the law huh?

Fence no, More border patrol yes!

-Like someone said, 10 foot fence, 11 foot laders, But some on here cannnot see 9 ft in front of them

Take the money used for building the fence and use it for enforcement to finally cracking down on employers who employ illegals. A $100K fine for EACH might get their attention.

-A fence won't work

I find it amusing that a country that was built by immigrants, now looks to seal its borders up, to keep immigrants out. No "birth rights" for children born to illegal immigrants in the US. Lance, you do realize that to be a citizen of the United States, one only needs to be born in the US. The constitution does not say that your parents have to be citizens. Besides, just what is the problem that everyone has with these immigrants? They take that job at McDonald's that you had your eye on?

-Liberal Cracker
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I find it amusing that there still are people who believe we still are a nation of immigrants when most of us have great-great grandparents that were immigrants, not our generation. We USED to be a nation of immigrants.

It makes me sick knowing that now, we are a nation under attack by those who will not assimilate, obey our laws, leach off of our social services, tread all over our culture and whose main goal is to gain political power so that they can make Spanish the official language and do away with English.

'liberal cracker' and others like him/her all lack something upstairs to not realize what is really going on.

It's not such a bad thing for a nation to gain total control over its borders and anyone who thinks not needs a course in human behavior--or doesn't have a brain in his/her head. They're people who usually have a handicap when it comes to making snap decisions. They're not stable people. They lack conviction which gives all of us the knowlege of knowing what we must do. Liberalism is a cancer, a handicap, a mental disorder; outside the norm, and yes, I know, I am being too conservative describing them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Build the Fence

I agree with those who want to clamp down on employers who willingly hire illegal immigrants, and who encourgage them to come. It would be a great deterrent. However, issues regarding immigration are multifaceted, and require a number of actions, ranging from enforcing laws already on the books, to better defining rules of engagement on the so-called rights of illegal immigrants, to clarifying the Constitution with regard to babies born to illegal aliens on US soil (are the parents under the jurisdiction of the US,or of their country of origin, at the time of the infant's birth?), to reining in the administration and the Congress regarding their Globalistic economic approach (which is to bring in cheap labor and goods, which are subsidized by the US taxpayer, making them not so cheap; fostering slave labor, child labor abroad, and exploiting illegal aliens in this country). We will not solve the illegal immigration problem, or the legal immigration problem ( I think immigration quotas approaching 40 million over the next 10 years is a problem), until we get all of the above issues under control. So build the fence. It is tangible, it is symbolic, and it is a start.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO