Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What do you think the top immigration reform priority should

http://www.wral.com/index.html

Left side, half way down beside illegal protest picture

Congress is working toward passage of a new round of immigration reforms. What do you think the top immigration reform priority should be?

Choice Votes Percentage of 2039 Votes

Tighten border security. 384 19%

Deport everyone who lives and works in the country illegally. 874 43%

Toughen penalties for employers who hire undocumented workers. 312 15%

Offer a program for willing workers and employers. 469 23%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congress is working toward passage of a new round of immigration reforms. What do you think the top immigration reform priority should be?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 2884 Votes
    Tighten border security. 502 17%
    Deport everyone who lives and works in the country illegally. 1305 45%
    Toughen penalties for employers who hire undocumented workers. 443 15%
    Offer a program for willing workers and employers. 634 22%
    __________________________________________________ ___

I had to go with the tough penalties for employers who hire illegals out of those choices.

If t hey can't get jobs and if we start shunning them, some at least will go home.

The borders need to be SEALED, not security tightened. That is just a myth anyway if they aren't going to build a fence and put soldiers or national guardsmen on the borders.

There is no conceivable way they can deport them all at the same time so that is going to have to be an ongoing process but I think they should make some sort of proclamation warning them that if t hey don't leave they will all be viewed as criminals who can never come back if they get caught.

And, of course, there is no way on the face of God's green earth that I would buy into that "willing worker-willing employer" line because that is that same thing as making them all into slaves in my opinion and I strongly oppose slavery.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)