[video] Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Dianne Feinstein Have Heated Exchange During AWB Debate

MARCH 14 2013

Senator Cruz seems to be keeping emotion out of the arguments pretty well and it seems that DiFi gets flustered far too easily.

Between Senator Cruz and Senator Paul I have to say that my hope for the GOP is every so slightly returning.

Cruz:
The question that I would pose to the senior senator from California, would she deem it consistent with the Bill of Rights for Congress to engage in the same endeavor that we are contemplating doing with the Second Amendment in the context of the First and Fourth Amendments. Namely, would she consider it constitutional for Congress to specify that the First Amendment shall apply only to the following books, and shall not apply to the books that Congress has deemed outside the protection of the Bill of Rights?

Feinstein:

I’m not a sixth grader. Senator, I’ve been on this committee for 20 years. I was a mayor for nine years. I walked in and I saw people shot. I’ve looked at bodies that have been shot with these weapons. I’ve seen the bullets that implode. In Sandy Hook, youngsters were dismembered.

I’m not a lawyer, but, after 20 years, I’ve been up close and personal to the Constitution. It’s fine you want to lecture me on the Constitution. I appreciate it. Just know I’ve been here a long time.

I respect your views, I ask you to respect my views,

Explosive Exchange at Gun Hearing Between Ted Cruz and Dianne Feinstein - YouTube

[Video] Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Dianne Feinstein Have Heated Exchange During AWB Debate