Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"America's public schools must address the psychological, social, cultural, and community factors that affect the education of Hispanic students," said Woods. "Otherwise, Latinas and Latinos will too often continue to be victims of a second-rate education that can change the American dream into a nightmare. We rely on our schools to open the doors for Latinas and Latinos to higher education and better paying jobs."
    Latinas and Latinos are holding back American school children from a normal education. We have constantly had to lower the expectations of all students in order to have a "more even playing field" so "no child gets left behind". We cant keep making changes to our children's edcuation, or they will be left out of the "American Dream".

A young Latina is more likely to live in poverty, drop out of school, get pregnant as an unmarried teenager, succumb to drug use and attempt suicide than any other demographic group.
    This is not our fault!

Right, they have to keep Americans more ignorant for equality.

Who`s assimulating Who?!!
    ------------------------

The report provides clear and compelling evidence that both Latinas and Latinos face stereotyping and other obstacles that discourage success in school. Some obstacles are different for Latinas than for Latinos. Latinas are three times as likely to fear for their personal safety in school as other girls. And Latinos are often assumed to be gang members by teachers and counselors simply because they speak Spanish.
    That's not the reason....many of them wear enough make-up to make Tammy Faye Bakker proud! Not to mention that several of them are only intersted in have a child asap, and having their "15" parties. Don't know, and don't care whatever the heck they call those parties where grown men go to hit on young girls.

Firecracker, I totally agree with you. That's why my kids are in private school. Now, mind you his school has a lot of Asian, Indian, and middle-eastern students. But they all speak English!!!!! There are no interpreters at our school.

Speaking from experience in the classroom, very few of my hispanic female students cared about learning. Families just didn't place education very high.

How about the families do a better job at raising their kids and not expecting the school and the taxpayers to do it? Hello?! It's called responsibility.

For the love of.....
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Let's bend for them!

Why do I have to deal with the fact that my daughter is being called "white girl" as if it is a bad thing in her overly populated Hispanic school. As a father I feel horrible that I cannot afford to put her into a private school. I also laugh at the fact that I pay (taxes) for that public school. So I am basically paying for my daughter to get made fun of because she is white. Can someone please explain to me how the hell this is ok?!? I am not a racist in my heart; however, I am feeling more and more prejudice towards Mexicans everyday. I do not use the word Mexican as if every Latin person was one. I live in So Cal and it is the Mexicans that are causing in particular the city of Anaheim to look like a Mexican ghetto and causing heart ache to my little girl. What can I do to rid my country of illegal anti-American bastards? I have taken small useless steps such as calling the police on a house that had the American Flag flying upside down. They laugh in our face and spit on our land and claim they deserve every right we have as born Americans. It makes me sick.

Re: Let's bend for them!

Quote Originally Posted by MWhite
    Why do I have to deal with the fact that my daughter is being called "white girl" as if it is a bad thing in her overly populated Hispanic school. As a father I feel horrible that I cannot afford to put her into a private school. I also laugh at the fact that I pay (taxes) for that public school. So I am basically paying for my daughter to get made fun of because she is white. Can someone please explain to me how the hell this is ok?!? I am not a racist in my heart; however, I am feeling more and more prejudice towards Mexicans everyday. I do not use the word Mexican as if every Latin person was one. I live in So Cal and it is the Mexicans that are causing in particular the city of Anaheim to look like a Mexican ghetto and causing heart ache to my little girl. What can I do to rid my country of illegal anti-American bastards? I have taken small useless steps such as calling the police on a house that had the American Flag flying upside down. They laugh in our face and spit on our land and claim they deserve every right we have as born Americans. It makes me sick.
    Wow!! Could not have said it better myself. We were having the exact same problem on one of our school buses. The probably became so bad, that the school district got a mini bus for that particular group of evil kids, and the other busses were over crowded. Personally, I would have made their parents drive them to school and sit next to them all day if need be, but at least they did something...I guess(?) Not only were our white kids being made fun of for being white, but they were getting beaten up and choked too. Keep in mind, that this school district, in general, isn't too bad. I can only imagine what other communities have to deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12