Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It’s a black hole bonanza. Queue the distraction: RAAAACIS

The National Association for the Advancement of Coddled People
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010
    By Michelle Malkin
    Listen to Commentary Podcasts

Before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People decided to ride the anti-tea party wave back to political relevancy, its most recent activist crusade involved a silly space-themed Hallmark graduation card. Yes, the NAACP has been lost in space for quite some time now. And blaming whitey will no longer cut it.

In June, the Los Angeles chapter of the NAACP demanded that the greeting card be pulled because it used the term “black holesâ€

These guys are so grabbing at straws just to stay relavent.

There was a guy that called my local talk show yesterday trying
    to prove racisim is alive and well. He was trying to say that the
    word "picnic" is racist. He said that back in the day the family
    would pack a lunch and go down to the local slave market to
    spend the day and that picnic came from the phrase "pick a n----r".

Lol the talk show guy googled it and found that it actually comes from
    a French word Piquenique.

http://www.snopes.com/language/offense/picnic.asp

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!!!!

Kathyet

I've heard people actually claim that the term "shiner" for a black eye is racist. I might have wondered until I actually got one from a household injury: it looked like I'd put shoe polish all around my eye.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After Obama was elected President we constantly heard the question is there still racism in America. You would hear the black analyist or commentators say "yes there is and it is time for open dialogue". My feelings were always that they were right, but they couldn't have honest open dialogue. Until groups like the NAACP admit to their racism and discrimination and harrassment of white people this issue will never go away.

What is the NAACP??
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

then theres the one about the city commisioner at a meeting Dallas who
    said they were pouring their money down a black hole and another
    commissioner got all upset over the term black hole and the meeting
    ground to a halt as he demanded an apology.

C'mon people. It's a wonder we get anything done with this kind of mentality.

Texas County Official Sees Race in Term 'Black Hole'

DALLAS — What do "black hole," "angel food cake," and "devil's food cake" have in common?

They're all racist terms, says a Dallas County, Texas, official.

A county commissioners' meeting this week over traffic tickets turned into a tense discussion over race when one commissioner said the county's collections office was like a certain astronomical phenomenon.

"It sounds like Central Collections has become a black hole," Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said during the Monday meeting.

One black official demanded an apology, and Commissioner John Wiley Price, who also is black, said that type of language is unacceptable.

At the meeting, Mayfield said he intended his comments to be taken in the context of the scientific meaning, and became upset that he was being misunderstood.

In astronomy, the term black hole refers to a star that has collapsed upon itself, creating something so dense and small that it does not have any physical properties besides a gravitational force so great that even light cannot escape its pull.

Later, Price told MyFOXdfw.com that he believed it and other terms were racist.

"So if it's 'angel food cake,' it's white. If it's 'devil's food cake,' it's black. If you're the 'black sheep of the family,' then you gotta be bad, you know. 'White sheep,' you're okay. You know?" Price said.

Price said people should watch their words when it comes to stereotypes.

"I think people should always be careful. You know, I'm okay if I'm 'bartering' with you. ... But if I try to 'Jew you down,' Oooooh. Is that racist? I thought it meant the same thing? No, maybe it doesn't."

The world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking might have a solution to the problem over perception of the astronomical term. He refers to the phenomenon as "a singularity."
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380143,00.html

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...hn-wiley-price

Def
    (a fan of Stephen Hawking)
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Later, Price told MyFOXdfw.com that he believed it and other terms were racist.

"So if it's 'angel food cake,' it's white. If it's 'devil's food cake,' it's black. If you're the 'black sheep of the family,' then you gotta be bad, you know. 'White sheep,' you're okay. You know?" Price said.

Price said people should watch their words when it comes to stereotypes.

Give me a break...according to that analogy... white cowboy hats and black cowboy hats will be racist.

Kathyet

Give me a break...according to that analogy... white cowboy hats and black cowboy hats will be racist.
    Everyody knows the good guys wear white cowboy hats and the bad guys
    wear...dare I say it?...black

Def