Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1.5 Million at the Sept. 12th Tea Party in DC

WOW!

1.5 Million at the Sept. 12th Tea Party in DC.

Dear Friends: Dawn Wildman, President of the Southern California Tax revolt Coalition, just called me from Washington DC. It was just announced that 1.5 Million people are at the day’s rally. Believable, especially when looking at this picture up on Instapundit.

Based on the crowd noise in the background, which made hearing Dawn difficult for me, the participants did not view 1.5 million as a “failure to meet expectationsâ€

Our founding fathers would be proud!
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Update:
    Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Update: Turnout estimated at 2 million

I can’t make it to Washington DC today for the national 9/12 march, but I’m with all the marchers in spirit.

It’s been an unprecedented year for limited government activism. It would never have been possible without the early initiative of grass-roots leaders in the #tcot community on Twitter, Smart Girl Politics #DontGo — and concerned moms like Keli Carender and Amanda Grosserode who stood up in their communities against reckless spending in Washington before anyone was listening. Before the cable news was paying attention. Before it became fashionable for politicians to latch on.

Activists were derided as amateurs who couldn’t turn out a crowd. Then they were smeared as corporate shills. They were criticized for not having a coherent message. Then they were mocked for ideological single-mindedness. They are resented by professional strategists who accuse them of organizing empty protests that won’t translate into electoral gains. But the movement has given birth to a new generation of movers and shakers who have rejected establishment partisan politics for nimble, Internet-facilitated, issues-based advocacy.

The success of the Tea Party movement and its allies/successors shows that there’s no monopoly on “community organizing.â€

Thank the Lord.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CSPAN is now broadcasting the march.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you vortex and Dixie for the mention of C Span and for the link. Glenn Beck is on for two hours today, 1-3 EST, highlighting the Tea Party in Washington.

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

ELE

Back Off Obama.

May God Bless our brave people protesting in Washington today!

Yes ELE, thank you for reminding us to pray for the nation and to pray for the people.

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Thank the Lord.

Dixie
    Today, I feel hopeful!

The last couple of weeks were draining.
    A corrupt government piece on TV every day.
    AND NO ONE BUT FOX IS COVERING IT?
    The President on TV everyday LYING his *ss off!
    Every week he puts another Lobbyist, or a domestic terrorist, or a
    Felon, or a Comunist, or Fascist, or Marxist, into an important postition!
    THEY AREN'T EVEN VETTED!
    Pigalosi is whiping out Legislature that no one is reading!
    I can't believe the stuff he says, it's like he just makes it up!!
    I've been screaming at the TV and scaring the dog!
    He gets up and goes under the woodstove.
    So I can't really let loose like I want to, but it's the only thing that keeps me calm.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast