Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

10 million cans of Slim-Fast recalled

10 million cans of Slim-Fast recalled

Unilever recalls the weight loss drink because of possible bacterial contamination.

Last Updated: December 4, 2009: 2:41 PM ET

Unilever recalled all Slim-Fast ready-to-drink products in cans. The FDA said the recall affects 10 million cans.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Consumer products maker Unilever announced a recall of all Slim-Fast ready-to-drink products in cans due to possible bacterial contamination.

The company, which also makes products like Skippy peanut butter and Ragu pasta sauce, said the weight-loss drink may be tainted by Bacillus cereus, which can cause diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman Rita Chappelle said the recall affects 10 million cans distributed in the U.S.

Unilever (UL) said it is still in the process of identifying and correcting the production problem that led to the contamination. The FDA, which was notified by Unilever of the possible contamination Dec. 2, is currently investigating the company's production facility in Covington, Tenn.

All Slim-Fast ready-to-drink products served in cans, regardless of flavor, best-by dates, lot code or UPC number that are currently in distribution centers, on store shelves, in warehouses or in consumer homes are being recalled, the company said Thursday.

The recall does not apply to other Slim-Fast branded products, such as powdered shakes, meal bars or snack bars.

Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever urges consumers who have purchased the possibly hazardous products to discard them immediately and contact the company at 1-800-896-9479 for a full refund.

First Published: December 4, 2009: 2:32 PM ET

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/04/news/co ... gletoolbar
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There goes a lot of people's breakfast and lunch.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    There goes a lot of people's breakfast and lunch.
    Figuratively AND literally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The company, which also makes products like Skippy peanut butter and Ragu pasta sauce, said the weight-loss drink may be tainted by Bacillus cereus, which can cause diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
    Well...that likely would cause weight loss!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Well...that likely would cause weight loss!
    Well...lol....as long as it works. At least they are living up to their advertising claims....lol.

Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever urges consumers who have purchased the possibly hazardous products to discard them immediately and contact the company at 1-800-896-9479 for a full refund.
    O.K.
    I just disposed of $4.5 million worth. Please send my refund to John Doe 2 . . .
    NO AMNESTY

O.K.
    I just disposed of $4.5 million worth. Please send my refund to John Doe 2 . . .
    He he. At least they are offering a refund. In many past recalls they just told us to throw things away without addressing the fact that we had PAID FOR THOSE ITEMS. Who can afford to keep throwing things away. We should just be able to return it to the store where we purchased it for a refund. Then the store can get a refund from the company. But this means you have to have a reciept for everything you buy in case it is recalled. I am sure this company wants a receipt. What if you dont have a receipt because you did not know you would need it?

I just noticed that it says

JohnDoe2
    ALIPAC Super Hero

in the top left hand corner of my post.

I've always wanted to be a Super Hero.

So. When do I get my cape?

Does this come with any Super Powers?

I think I'll be "Deportation Man".

"Able to deport MILLIONS in a single year".
    NO AMNESTY

JohnDoe2
    ALIPAC Super Hero

[b]"Able to deport MILLIONS in a single year". [/b]

The next classification above that is SUPER Deportation Man....able to deport millions in a single RAID.

JohnDoe2
    ALIPAC Super Hero

"Able to deport MILLIONS in a single year".