Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

18th Ethics complaint filed against Palin

18th Ethics complaint filed against Palin

By RACHEL D'ORO, The Associated Press
    5:26 p.m. July 14, 2009

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Outgoing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is facing yet another ethics complaint – the 18th against her and the very thing that helped to prompt her resignation.

The latest complaint – the third since she announced July 3 that she was stepping down – alleges she abused her office by accepting a salary and using state staff while campaigning outside of Alaska for the vice presidency.

In her resignation speech, Palin said that the array of ethics complaints was taking a personal toll and crippling her ability to govern. She officially leaves office July 26 and will be suceeded by Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell.

In her complaint, Andree McLeod said that two days before Palin was named John McCain's running mate, she signed travel documents that stated "conclusion of state business." A similar document in late November stated "return to duty status."

McLeod said that given that temporary absence, Palin should have turned over the governor's responsibilities to Parnell as required by the state constitution.

"The reason this is so serious is because the transfer of power should have taken place but did not," McLeod said Tuesday.

The governor's spokesman David Murrow referred reporters to Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, who could not immediately be reached for comment.

Jack Coghill, a member of Palin's Republican Party and an author of the Alaska constitution, said Palin should have formally put someone in charge.

"Anytime she leaves the state, according to our constitution, she has to relinquish her power as governor to her successor," he said.

Palin said at the time of her resignation that her administration had become hamstrung by frivolous ethics complaints that also put her more in $500,000 in legal debt and set the state back about $2 million dealing with them.

"And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations?" she asked. "It doesn't cost them a dime so they're not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples' money in their game."

On Tuesday, she renewed her criticism of the complaints by indirectly targeting McLeod, whom Palin has said once sought an appointment from her.

"Are these constant, wasteful thumped-up ethics charges result of not caving when the filer begged for job?" Palin said on the social networking Web site Twitter. "More frivolous chargs filed today."

The complaint is the fifth by McLeod. Three of the cases have been dismissed and another remains active.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/ ... dex=132090
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have always gotten the impression that Palin is too sexy to understand the law. If she did leave the state without appointing anyone to handle matters in her absence, she has gone down the path of Gov. Mark Sanford hiking the Appalachian Trail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I have always gotten the impression that Palin is too sexy to understand the law. If she did leave the state without appointing anyone to handle matters in her absence, she has gone down the path of Gov. Mark Sanford hiking the Appalachian Trail.
    Actually Palin never seemed that intelligent to me, although she is nice. She was manipulated by McCain and I think that took some of her credibility.

From Navy mom

That's incredibly rich when you look at Democratic Governor of Va, Tim Kaine, who has been doing nothing but duties for the National Democratic Party for the past 6 months plus.

It's taken the Washington Post thru the maze of FOIA to get the truth out on this, yet you don't see it hitting the National News about his "ethics violations".

We, Republicans of Va though, are preparing for our own "ethics" case. And, he doesn't even have to look handsome! Or maybe he already does, and I just missed that part.

Im going to have to disagree with you guys on this one. I think shes very bright and I agree with much that she says. She is conservitive just like me, maybe thats why. You dont get to be Gov by being stupid. And to say she was manipulated, I would need an example.

Joan of Arc 2012'

Sarah Palin

She's very bright, just not polished and particularly articulate when she is unprepared for the Liberal Media's grilling.

I think she is the one that manipulated John McCain. He didn't know he had a "tiger by the tail". But, it was a brilliant stroke of luck for him. Prior to adding her to his ticket, he was only drawing 1-2K at his political rallies.

Afer he added Sarah, the campaign finally came alive, and rescuscitated it. That's what's been driving his ex-campaign staff to the media with their grumbling now.

So, I'm still for Team Sarah. She sure can't do any worse than John McCain, who likes to straddle the fence too much. And, I say that respectfully because I was a supporter. I was disappointed that he didn't take the Bull by the horns. I wanted him to show some bravado, and it didn't happen.

Thank God Sarah had some spunk. Yep, Joan of Arc 2012. Sign me up now for Team Sarah.

Q: So you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

A: I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

Source: Univision Interview with Sarah Palin, by Jorge Ramos Oct 26, 2008

www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?cid=1716304
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oops! Sarah Palin; Say it isn't So!

I had no idea that she said this. I apologize truly.

Unbelieveable. I am heading to bed, but not happy about this statement. What was she thinking?

Thanks for the update. I am speechless.

Have a good Wednesday! Got to get up early, and my husband is fussing because I'm going to be worthless at work tomorrow.

Take Care!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Q: So you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

A: I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

Source: Univision Interview with Sarah Palin, by Jorge Ramos Oct 26, 2008

www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?cid=1716304
    I heard that she had said that. Im not ready to pass judgement yet on that because it was said while running with Mcamnesty. I would need to hear her asked the question again. If shes for Amnesty, then shes not for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast