Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2012 May Bring "Perfect Storm" Solar flares, Syste

[size=150]2012 may bring the “perfect stormâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NASA’s THEMIS spacecraft has discovered a hole in earth’s magnetic field which is 10 times as large as previously thought. The magnetosphere, which is designed to protect earth from the plasma of solar flares, now has a hole in it four time the size of the earth.
    Wait til Al Gore gets a hold of this! He will claim this is also a result of global warming, when we all know that the absolute lack of real leadership in Washington DC in both parties, coupled with a lack of magnetic personalities in the Republican party and the reversed polarity of the only magnetic personality (Obama) in the Democratic party are the real cause of the hole in the earth's magnetic field.

Although solar flares are real enough, I doubt that the worst case scenario will occur. I will agree with one perspective. The grid system makes us too susceptible to serious interruption. A diverse and diffused power distribution system would significantly reduce our vulnerability to terrorist attacks (oops, I.m sorry, man-made disasters), natrual disasters, civil disturbance, and even war.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

The date 2012 is also the best date to shoot for in acheiving a halfway point in removal of the illegal aliens. Both the US and Mexico have Presidential terms ending then.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
    NASA’s THEMIS spacecraft has discovered a hole in earth’s magnetic field which is 10 times as large as previously thought. The magnetosphere, which is designed to protect earth from the plasma of solar flares, now has a hole in it four time the size of the earth.
    Wait til Al Gore gets a hold of this! He will claim this is also a result of global warming, when we all know that the absolute lack of real leadership in Washington DC in both parties, coupled with a lack of magnetic personalities in the Republican party and the reversed polarity of the only magnetic personality (Obama) in the Democratic party are the real cause of the hole in the earth's magnetic field.

Although solar flares are real enough, I doubt that the worst case scenario will occur. I will agree with one perspective. The grid system makes us too susceptible to serious interruption. A diverse and diffused power distribution system would significantly reduce our vulnerability to terrorist attacks (oops, I.m sorry, man-made disasters), natrual disasters, civil disturbance, and even war.
    What you have to realize is that earth goes through natural cycles. As an amateur astronomer, I study solar cycles. We are in a lull right now. Humans are not immune to these cycles. It happens whether we like it or not. The biggest problem we face is the fact that we are so reliant on technology. In 2012, Earth will be completing a 23 million year cycle around the center of our galaxy. On Dec 21 2012, we will enter syzygy, which is an alignment of the planets, as well as a clear line of sight to what ever energy source is at the center of our galaxy. Since humans haven't been around for 23 million years, we don't know what will happen. What we do know is that gravitational forces do have an impact on our sun, and when that day comes, we should be prepared. One massive flare can EASILY wipe out the grid, and it would take several months to repair. It is dangerous to shrug this real situation off. Also, don't forget that we KNOW the earth has shifted poles several times, but we don't know what the catalyst to that is.

For those interested in 2012, there is a movie coming out by Roland Emmerich, the guy that did Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, and 10,000 BC. Here is a sneak preview for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCuaR8KehEk&NR=1
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&