27 States Declare Their Opposition to Biden’s Federal Vaccine Mandates

September 11, 2021
by Kyle Becker

Written by Kyle Becker

More than half of the governors or state attorney generals have come out in opposition to President Biden’s federal vaccine mandates that were issued on Thursday. Despite earlier promises to the contrary, the Biden administration issued the most sweeping federal mandates in U.S. history.
Twenty-seven states that have gone on the record in opposition to the federal vaccine mandates. Those statements are listed below.
Alaska

Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy issued a statement.
“It is clear from the data and empirical evidence over the last year that the vaccine is the most effective way to fight Covid 19. From what we are seeing in our hospitals, the very ill are mostly those who are unvaccinated. As Governor, and as someone who had Covid and has been vaccinated, I will continue to recommend that Alaskans speak to their healthcare providers and discuss the merits of the vaccine based on their individual healthcare needs.”
“With that said, President Biden’s attempt to force vaccinations is ill conceived, divisive, and unamerican. At a time in which we are called to work together, forced medical procedures run counter to our collective sense of fairness and liberty. My administration is aggressively identifying every tool at our disposal to protect the inherent individual rights of all Alaskans.
“This is ridiculous and unenforceable. If there was ever a case for the 25th Amendment…,” Governor Dunleavy also tweeted.

Governor Mike Dunleavy
@GovDunleavy

This is ridiculous and unenforceable. If there was ever a case for the 25th Amendment…https://foxnews.com/politics/republicans-respond-to-vaccine-mandates-issued-by-biden-absolutely-unconstitutional…#25thAmendment#akgov#Alaska

Republicans explode with fury over Biden vaccine mandate: 'Absolutely unconstitutional'
Republican members of Congress and state governors responded to news Thursday that President Joe Biden will force employers with more than 100 workers to require coronavirus vaccinations or test...

foxnews.com

9:24 PM · Sep 9, 2021

Alabama

Alabama Governor Key Ivey spoke out about her intention to fight the mandate.
“I encourage Alabamians to take the vaccine – have been since the beginning, but we’re never going to mandate it,” Ivey said. “And we certainly aren’t going to allow Washington, D.C., and this president to tell Alabama what to do. Here in Alabama, we don’t put up with that nonsense.”
Ivey also posted a statement on Twitter about President Biden’s “outrageous, overreaching mandates.”

Governor Kay Ivey
@GovernorKayIvey

Once again, @POTUS has missed the mark. His outrageous, overreaching mandates will no doubt be challenged in the courts. Read my full statement below. #alpolitics

6:18 PM · Sep 9, 2021 from Alabama State Capitol

Arizona

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey also issued a statement in opposition to the federal government’s mandate.
“The Biden-Harris administration plans on fining businesses $14,000 for every employee not tested or vaccinated — but somehow they’ve exempted one of their largest federal agencies from the mandate?” Governor Ducey said, noting the USPS is ‘exempt.’
“Maybe it’s because they realize this is pure government overreach,” Ducey added. “Maybe it’s because they realize this will only make workforce shortages worse. Or maybe it’s simply a case of ‘rules for thee, not for me.’ It’s hypocrisy and Arizona will not stand for it.”

Doug Ducey
@dougducey
·
Sep 9, 2021

The Biden-Harris administration plans on fining businesses $14,000 for every employee not tested or vaccinated — but somehow they’ve exempted one of their largest federal agencies from the mandate? 1/
https://twitter.com/jacobbogage/status/1436091230102949893…

Doug Ducey
@dougdcey

Maybe it’s because they realize this is pure government overreach. Maybe it’s because they realize this will only make workforce shortages worse. Or maybe it’s simply a case of “rules for thee, not for me.” It’s hypocrisy and Arizona will not stand for it. 2/2

6:49 PM · Sep 9, 2021

Arkansas
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson has also issued a statement in opposition.

Gov. Asa Hutchinson
@AsaHutchinson

In response to President Biden’s Covid-19 action plan:

5:49 PM · Sep 9, 2021

Florida

On Saturday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis spoke out against the mandates.
“I would just say, generally, when you are taking action that is unconstitutional that threatens the jobs of people in my state, many, many thousands of jobs, I am standing for them, we are going to protect their jobs against federal overreach,” the governor said.
Earlier, DeSantis actually issued a statement in opposition to Biden’s executive order before it was officially issued.
“How could we get to the point in this country where you would not let them earn a living because of their choice on the vaccine?” Gov. DeSantis said. “I just think that’s fundamentally wrong. I do not believe that people should lose their jobs over this issue, and we will fight that.”

Christina Pushaw
@ChristinaPushaw

"How could we get to the point in this country where you would not let them earn a living because of their choice on the vaccine? I just think that's fundamentally wrong. I do not believe that people should lose their jobs over this issue, and we will fight that." @GovRonDeSantis

5:17 PM · Sep 9, 2021

Georgia

Georgia’s Governor Brian Kemp responded to Biden’s remarks.
“I will pursue every legal option available to the state of Georgia to stop this blatantly unlawful overreach by the Biden administration,” Kemp tweeted.

Governor Brian P. Kemp
@GovKemp

I will pursue every legal option available to the state of Georgia to stop this blatantly unlawful overreach by the Biden administration.

5:25 PM · Sep 9, 2021

Idaho

Idaho Gov. Brad Little also issued a statement, although it is unclear if the governor is planning legal action.
“Today’s actions from President Biden amount to government overreach,” Little wrote. “Government should stay out of decisions involving employers and their employees as much as possible. I’ve advocated for and championed fewer government regulations and mandates on business.”

Brad Little
@GovernorLittle
·
Sep 9, 2021

Today’s actions from President Biden amount to government overreach. Government should stay out of decisions involving employers and their employees as much as possible. I’ve advocated for and championed fewer government regulations and mandates on business.

Brad Little
@GovernorLittle

I still urge Idahoans to choose safe and effective ways to protect themselves from COVID-19 for the continued health and prosperity of the people of Idaho.

6:01 PM · Sep 9, 2021

Indiana

Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb came out in strong opposition to the Biden vaccine mandate.
“The announcement from President Biden is a bridge too far,” Holcomb said in a statement. “Private businesses should be able to look at their own mission, their staff and their goals and make the decision best for them that will keep their doors open. I believe it is fundamentally a citizen’s right to choose whether or not to get the vaccine. While I wish everyone would get the vaccine, we are a country built on this exact type of freedom.”
Indiana’s Attorney General Todd Rokita threatened a lawsuit if the federal government took action to violate Indiana citizens’ rights.
“My team and I, along with other like-minded attorneys general, are reviewing all legal action on how to stand against these authoritarian actions by the Biden administration,” Rokita said. “We will be prepared to file suit if Biden seeks illegal actions restricting Hoosiers’ liberties.”

More States at the Link

27 States Declare Their Opposition to Biden's Federal Vaccine Mandates - Becker News