Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4 police shot dead in coffee shop

4 police shot dead in coffee shop
    November 29, 2009 1:45 p.m. EST

Seattle, Washington (CNN) -- Four police officers were fatally shot Sunday in what police said was an ambush in a coffee shop near Tacoma, Washington.
    The officers were sitting in the coffee shop in Lakewood, Washington, before the start of their shifts, reading on their computers, when the shooting occurred, said Sheriff's Department spokesman Ed Troyer. He told reporters authorities believe the officers were meeting and going over cases or doing paperwork.
    "This was a targeted, selected ambush," Troyer told reporters. He said a gunman came inside, opened fire and shot all four officers. Two baristas and other customers inside the shop were unharmed -- "just the law enforcement officers were targeted."
    Authorities know who the officers are, he said. It was unclear what departments the officers were from.
    A $10,000 reward was offered for information leading to an arrest, he said.
    Police are looking for one man and possibly a second person in the attack, which occurred about 8 a.m., Troyer said. Authorities are attempting to get additional descriptions of the suspects and a suspect vehicle, he said.
    Lakewood is about 40 miles south of Seattle and 10 miles southwest of Tacoma.
    The coffee shop is on the edge of McCord Air Force Base. Spokesman Bud McKay said the base was not shut down, but security was ramped up around the perimeter as a precaution.
    The military has offered assistance to police, he said, but it has not been requested.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/29/...ef=igoogle_cnn

The military has offered assistance to police, he said, but it has not been requested.
    Huh?

April

what is a "barista"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    what is a "barista"?
    A fancy name for someone who makes the coffee.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    what is a "barista"?

Probably spanish..not fancy

This sounds like a tactic of the drug and illegal alien importing cartels. When I saw the headline for this article I thought I would be reading about another police execution in Mexico or points south.

Perhaps this assassination is imported?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

what is a "barista"?

Probably spanish..not fancy
    It is a term Starbuck's came up with for their employees.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    This sounds like a tactic of the drug and illegal alien importing cartels. When I saw the headline for this article I thought I would be reading about another police execution in Mexico or points south.

Perhaps this assassination is imported?

W
    It could also be gang related. Unfortunately there is something about the west coast and serial killers or mutliple murders. I don't know what it is but it is the same in Canada as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast