Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4-Year-Old In Serious Condition After Falling From Moving Tr

I don't know this Womans's status, but this still serves as a reminder to us all.

KETV.com

OMAHA, Neb. -- A 4-year-old girl fell from a moving vehicle Wednesday afternoon, according to Omaha Police.

Kristina Hernandez was transported to Creighton University Medical Center in serious condition.

She was unrestrained in the front of a truck with two other children, police said.

The driver, Elizabeth Maldonado, was eastbound on L Street when she was made a left turn in the intersection at 84th Street.

During the turn, the passenger door swung open and the girl fell out.

Police ticketed Maldonado on three counts of child neglect.

This is not the first time she has run into trouble.

According to police, Maldonado was ticketed June 27 for failure to use proper child restraint.

This is the second serious incident in one week caused by unrestrained children.

Last week, a toddler died after getting out of his restrain and falling from a moving SUV.

"Just another reminder that this is really important that you restrain your children in child safety restraints," said Omaha Police Department Lt. Darci Tierney. "It's against the law not to, and it just makes sense."

Officer Steve Podany said unrestrained children are the exception, not the rule. But he hates it when he sees the exception.

"There'll be 10 kids in the backseat, none of them are seatbelted in and we have bigger kids holding smaller kids. We come across that several times," he said. "They don't think of the consequences of their actions until it's too late."

Podany was patrolling Millard Wednesday night when he saw a man who hadn't properly restrained the child in his car. He told Podany he was having a bad day.

Podany said he wished that would be the last ticket he had to write for that offense, but he knows better.

"We'll probably go out and see it tonight or tomorrow," he said.
    http://www.ketv.com/news/17041203/detai ... d=10102001
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can't fathom the horror of that.

I had a relative like this mother. It's all about them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Something similar happend in Dallas last year. A woman had the window in the back down and the kid fell out on the highway. She didn't know it until she got home and sent someone else out to get the kid out of the car.

Restrain your children!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Something similar happend in Dallas last year. A woman had the window in the back down and the kid fell out on the highway. She didn't know it until she got home and sent someone else out to get the kid out of the car.

Restrain your children!

Dixie

It was common to find a whole load in the truck and a ton in the back.....none restrained and girls like 6 trying to hang onto an infant. One time, guess I have to give them partial credit.....they had an infant in a car seat......it was just being balanced on the wheelwell in the back of the truck. Police started cracking down because kids were falling out.....but the "hispanic community" went into an uproar claiming they were unfairly targeting hispanics. I mean they weren't even sitting in the bed of the truck......well some were but many were just riding on the edge. Any bump or turn could send you flying. Forget a 6 yr. old holding a baby balancing on a cooler.

I too have noticed that the majority that I have seen have been Hispanics. The rules of the road in Mexico, at least, are much more lax about this kind of thing. My son is ALWAYS not only in a child seat, but both doors in back have a child lock on them. The latter never fails to annoy my teenagers when the front seats are full and they must ride in the back :P I don't understand how people can have such little care for their babies.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)