Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

40 Million Americans now on food stamps

40 Million Americans now on food stamps

Bloomberg News
    August 5, 2010
    Comments 153

Looks like we might as well choose tent space in Obamaville. The country is crashing down around this administration as it fiddles.
    WASHINGTON — The number of Americans who are receiving food stamps rose to a record 40.8 million in May as the jobless rate hovered near a 27-year high, the government reported yesterday.

Recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program subsidies for food purchases jumped 19 percent from a year earlier and increased 0.9 percent from April, the US Department of Agriculture said in a statement on its website.

Participation has set records for 18 straight months.

Unemployment in July may have reached 9.6 percent, according to a Bloomberg News survey of analysts in advance of the Aug. 6 release of last month’s rate. Unemployment was 9.5 percent in June, near levels last seen in 1983.

An average of 40.5 million people, more than an eighth of the population, will get food stamps each month in the year that began Oct. 1, according to White House estimates.

The figure is projected to rise to 43.3 million in 2011.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washi ... 8m_in_may/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    And how many illegally in this country are receiving foodstamps because of birthright citizenship and a lack of e-verify at welfare and other agencies coupled with the use of stolen identities. This is another reason our fearless speaker convened the House to pay back the National Education Association, other unions and provide more benefits to illegal aliens. Bankruptcy here we come.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Many illegal aliens are working, and they are taking jobs Americans used to do as well as benefits, so employers get tax payer subsidy for lowering wages and squeezing citizens out. Double whammy.

I don't know if she's legal or not, but a Spanish-speaking woman who works at a restaurant I frequent is working on her fifth child. I can't believe she would be busing tables if her husband made a decent salary, and she clearly isn't, so we can figure out who is actually paying for their progeny.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

I am on access and food subsidy. The difference is...I hate it and am ashamed but that is life now in America. I am shocked at the 40 million figure or about 12% of Ameica by my figures. It is going to get a lot worse becaue you can't affored to work anymore and lose the benifits.

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    Many illegal aliens are working, and they are taking jobs Americans used to do as well as benefits, so employers get tax payer subsidy for lowering wages and squeezing citizens out. Double whammy.

I don't know if she's legal or not, but a Spanish-speaking woman who works at a restaurant I frequent is working on her fifth child. I can't believe she would be busing tables if her husband made a decent salary, and she clearly isn't, so we can figure out who is actually paying for their progeny.
    It is advantageous now to higher and fire so you get the subsidy each time.

If all illegals were not here, Americans would be paid a decent salary and finding a job would not be so tough, even in these times. Add it up - about 10 million illegals is about 5 million jobs for Americans, assuming half take jobs. With reduced legal immigration, the picture would be even better.

Why should an American be ashamed for assistance when government policy has been to take jobs away and keep pay down to keep fat cat election contributors happy? Government policy has been to increase illegal AND legal immigration, which was deliberate since the 1960's. Don't think they don't know what they are doing! So does Obama. He owes the financial folks, who are his biggest contributors. And we have seen how he has paid them back, and the recent financial reform law has made no substantive change in how these folks make money, which is from just moving paper around and not creating anything.

It is no coincidence that middle class pay has been sinking since then. The ones who should be ashamed are the political class for their destruction of the middle class and encouraging damn illegals! I am old enough to remember when working class could afford a modest home on their pay. I can remember when a waitress was middle class.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Because of government becoming so huge and greedy they work at a fevered pace and push for unsustainable growth. People can't live and enjoy their families and lives anymore. They have killed the simple American dream of a white picket fence and a few kids.

It is insane what has happened to us all. Immigrating was a horrible tool to force growth and unfair labor wars.

This country does not have an immigration problem. We have a "government stuck on taking over the world" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist

This country does not have an immigration problem.

If you don't believe this country has an immigration problem, what on earth are you doing on this forum?

If you don't believe this country has an immigration problem, what on earth are you doing on this forum?
    I don't know...guess I'm conefussed....

I don't know...guess I'm conefussed....

But could be that I look past the "symptoms" to see the disease...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast