Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

5 Million Frozen Pizzas Recalled (ECOLI)

MINNEAPOLIS —
    General Mills on Thursday recalled about 5 million frozen pizzas sold nationwide under the Totino's and Jeno's labels because of possible E. coli contamination.

The problem may have come from pepperoni on pizzas produced at a General Mills plant in Ohio, the suburban Minneapolis-based company said. It said the pepperoni itself came from a separate supplier, not produced at the plant itself, but it declined to release the name of the pepperoni distributor.

The voluntary recall covers pizzas containing pepperoni that have been produced since July, when the first of 21 E. coli illnesses under investigation by state and federal authorities emerged.

Nine of the 21 people reported eating Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before becoming ill. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that eight of the victims have been hospitalized, and four have developed a type of kidney failure.

Eight of the cases were reported in Tennessee, with the other cases found in smaller numbers in Kentucky, Missouri, New York, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin and South Dakota.

"We took action on that basis as a precaution, because of the possibility that a link might exist," said General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe. "However, to date we have found no E. coli in our plant, and we have found no E. coli in our products."

General Mills said it is cooperating fully with the investigation, which is continuing. The company said it is not naming the pepperoni supplier because the source of the E. coli is still under investigation.

The company asks consumers to throw away recalled pizzas. They can get replacements by clipping the bar code from the box and mailing it with their name and address to Totino's/Jeno's, P.O. Box 200 _ Pizza, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0200.

Symptoms of E. coli can include stomach cramps and diarrhea. People typically are ill for two to five days but can develop complications including kidney failure.

In late September, the Topps Meat Co. recalled 21.7 million pounds of frozen hamburger patties after 40 people in eight states got sick from contaminated beef believed to have been imported from Canada. The New Jersey-based company shut down several days later.

___

Eds: The specific products in the recall, with SKU, include:

Totino's Party Supreme, 42800-10700.

Totino's Three Meat, 42800-10800.

Totino's Pepperoni, 42800-11400.

Totino's Pepperoni, 42800-92114.

Totino's Classic Pepperoni, 42800-11402.

Totino's Pepperoni Trio, 42800-72157.

Totino's Party Combo, 42800-11600.

Totino's Combo, 42800-92116.

Jeno's Crisp 'n Tasty Supreme, 35300-00561.

Jeno's Crisp 'n Tasty Pepperoni, 35300-00572.

Jeno's Crisp 'n Tasty Combo, 35300-00576.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss Print Digg Del.icio.us

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/n ... izzarecall
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

It's funny and it is not. Did you hear about the girl who had been in the States for one month (Nashville) and delivered a baby in the bathroom and then put it in the trash? My first thought was how in the he## do we allow these people to serve food with no medical background. I've become immune to this different culture so am not shocked by a baby in the trash. It was the medical background that caught my attention...I can't bring a plant across the border but it is okay to bring TB here...kiss my..well, you know.

Unfortunately we are getting what we deserve. Not necessarily what Alipac members deserve, but as a country...you bet.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Immigrants need to be taught to wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. That may help.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    It's funny and it is not. Did you hear about the girl who had been in the States for one month (Nashville) and delivered a baby in the bathroom and then put it in the trash? My first thought was how in the he## do we allow these people to serve food with no medical background. I've become immune to this different culture so am not shocked by a baby in the trash. It was the medical background that caught my attention...I can't bring a plant across the border but it is okay to bring TB here...kiss my..well, you know.

Unfortunately we are getting what we deserve. Not necessarily what Alipac members deserve, but as a country...you bet.
    I hear you, the insanity knows no bounds these days. I guess will we have to start dropping dead in mass numbers from eating the food before any of these greedy traitors will decide things are more than a little out of control.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

moving to other topics.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GEEZ. IT IS HARD TO FEEL SAFE EATING ANYTHING ANYMORE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Something is definately wrong with WHO is processing our food and WHERE it is being processed. This has increased in recently years with much of our food imported and much being processed by illegal aliens. There has even been contamination AFTER it leave the processing plants. In resturants and other servicd area. Really have to be careful of what you eat and where. I never eat cold prepared food like sandwiches or salads.

Probably safe if is not pepperoni. There is often contaminated pepperoni,

Banned
    wow
    we have these pizza in our house and eat them all the time
    just yesturday we had some for snacks
    no one sick yet wow
    O boy

Threw all mine away and won't be buying anything on that list again.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>