52 Million May Lose Their Health Insurance. Then They Will Vote.

“If you like your insurance plan, you can keep your insurance plan [you dumb clucks].”
It turns out that up to 52 million Americans will lose health care insurance by the end of 2014.
How many of them will vote for Democrats in the fall of 2014?
I can see the negative ad billboard: Senator Snort voted for ObamaCare. Dumb.

Monty Pelerin has it right.

It turns out that in 2010, a report available to the President (and Senator Snort) estimated that 69% of some employer-based plans would lose their coverage. That means up to 42 million people.
When I say “people,” I mean voters.
It gets worse. The report said that 11 million others who bought their own insurance may lose their plans. That totals 52 million people.
When I say “people,” I mean voters.
So far, at least 5 million policies have been canceled. How many people have bought replacement policies on ObamaCare’s federal and state websites? Fewer than 100,000.
There is fear in the offices of Senator Snort and his fellow Democrats. This fear will steadily escalate to panic in 2014.
Obama insisted anew Thursday that the problem is limited to people who buy their own insurance. “We’re talking about 5 percent of the population who are in what’s called the individual market. They’re out there buying health insurance on their own,” he told NBC.
But a closer examination finds that the number of people who have plans changing, or have already changed, could be between 34 million to 52 million. That’s because many employer-provided insurance plans also could change, not just individually purchased insurance plans.
How many of these could change? Maybe 23 million. Maybe 41 million. It’s not clear.
Many changes in the old insurance plans could trigger the loss of the protected status. Regulations issued by HHS state that the grandfathered status would be lost if the policies eliminate coverage for a particular condition, reduce the annual dollar limit on benefits, increase co-payments by as little as $5 or 15 percent, or increase out-of-pocket maximums by more than 15 percent or premiums by more than 5 percent.
Later in June 2010, Sebelius’ department published estimates in the Federal Register that 39 percent to 69 percent of employers’ fully insured plans would relinquish the coverage they had prior to the March 2010 passage of the ACA and thus would have to cancel or change policies.
So, Kathleen Sebelius has known for over three years that this would happen. But apparently she neglected to mention this to President Obama.
Then came the website fiasco. The President decided to check with Mrs. Sebelius to see what was wrong. She told him there were glitches.
The problem is that pre-2010 plans were supposed to be grandfathered. But to get this protection, the companies had to offer ObamaCare-level coverage. They prefer not to. So, the companies are bailing out.
Already this year, only 36 percent of employer plans were pre-2010 plans, compared with 56 percent in 2011, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, a leading health care research organization. That means that millions of people’s plans already had changed or were canceled in the three and a half years since the law was enacted in March 2010.
These people vote.
Senator Snort knows they vote. Next year, 15 Senate Democrats are up for re-election.
The blame-shifting within the Democrats’ camp will begin next year. It will be top-notch political theater.

Continue reading at McClatchy DC …

Tagged as: 52 million americans will lose their insurance, gary north, obamacare, obamacare fallout

http://www.conservativeactionalerts....hey-will-vote/