Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

6 Locals Arrested in Multi-State Baby Formula Theft Ring

No mention of immigration status, but of course there never is any mention of immigration status...

Staff Writer

5:31 p.m. EST, January 14, 2011

HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) —
    Six people from the High Point and Thomasville areas were arrested on Thursday on suspicion of operating a baby formula theft ring in several southern states.

U.S. Attorney Ripley Rand said in a news release that the conspiracy involved stealing baby formula from retail stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, among other states. The formula was then stored in rental storage units in the High Point/Thomasville area before being sent to a grocery store in Union City, N.J. , Rand said.

Arrested in North Carolina were Mario Miguel Torres-Guillan, a.k.a. Jorge Luis Robles-Rivera, 31, Denia Lizbeth Martinez, 27, Marco Antonio Ramirez-Iraheta, 27, and Marvin Lopez-Lopez, 32. Cris Alberto Paz, 24, and Douglas Ivan Martinez, 41, were arrested in Pennsylvania in connection with the formula ring.

All were charged with conspiring to transport stolen baby formula in interstate commerce. All, except for Torres-Guillan, were also charged with the receipt and sale of stolen goods in interstate commerce.

Each person faces a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 10 years in prison.

Further court hearings are slated for January 21.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-f ... 2080.story

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-224652-.html
    Same posting
    My question too, were they illegals?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: 6 Locals Arrested in Multi-State Baby Formula Theft Ring

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    No mention of immigration status, but of course there never is any mention of immigration status...

Staff Writer

5:31 p.m. EST, January 14, 2011

HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) —

Six people from the High Point and Thomasville areas were arrested on Thursday on suspicion of operating a baby formula theft ring in several southern states.

U.S. Attorney Ripley Rand said in a news release that the conspiracy involved stealing baby formula from retail stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, among other states. The formula was then stored in rental storage units in the High Point/Thomasville area before being sent to a grocery store in Union City, N.J. , Rand said.

Arrested in North Carolina were Mario Miguel Torres-Guillan, a.k.a. Jorge Luis Robles-Rivera, 31, Denia Lizbeth Martinez, 27, Marco Antonio Ramirez-Iraheta, 27, and Marvin Lopez-Lopez, 32. Cris Alberto Paz, 24, and Douglas Ivan Martinez, 41, were arrested in Pennsylvania in connection with the formula ring.

All were charged with conspiring to transport stolen baby formula in interstate commerce. All, except for Torres-Guillan, were also charged with the receipt and sale of stolen goods in interstate commerce.

Each person faces a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 10 years in prison.

Further court hearings are slated for January 21.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-f ... 2080.story

from the look of them I would Not trust them with a 10 foot pole
    10 year is to good for them . when it come to baby formula

no Amnesty No Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)