Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

60 Illegals fired from Reidsville,NC plant

6o illegals were fired from white ridge plastics in Reidsville NC .Myers Cooperation in Akron,Ohio retained the plant in January of this year.Following federal law ,they found out that 60 employers had used fake documents and fake SS# to get work there.One wonders what Max Barton did in one month that previous owners,etc had ''overlooked'' for years.Scott Mcneil ,the manager there had no comment.I think that he may be answering some questions from ICE pretty soon.I called the plant to find out how many employees they had and they coldly told me that was 'private information'.I did a little research and they had 85 employers in 2004.They also made a media campaign later that year promoting themselves hiring 16 more employers to help rising unemployment in local community.Guess they meant help illegals from collecting unemployment.If you live in Reidsville area and need work call them at 336-342-1200 or toll free at 888-424-0020. They also may need new manager and staff.www.whiteridgeplastics.com

sorry ,it is www.whiteridge.com

WhiteRidge Plastics terminates 60 undocumented workers

A Staff Report
    Friday, February 22, 2008

REIDSVILLE - WhiteRidge Plastics, 109 Sands Road in Reidsville, terminated 60 employees after a personnel audit showed documentation on file did not prove the workers' employment eligibility.
    Max Barton, director of corporate communications and investor relations for Myers Corporation, said WhiteRidge changed ownership in Jan. 2007 when Myers bought ITML Horticulture Products. Myers, based in Akron, Ohio, began a personnel audit of all employees and found 60 WhiteRidge employees whose I-9 forms did not satisfactorily prove they were eligible to work in the U.S.
    Barton said the employees were told there was a problem with their paperwork and asked for clarification Jan. 21. Barton also did not say if the employees were immigrants to the U.S.
    "We had to do what was right, which was either have them prove their status or ask them to leave," Barton said.
    Barton said he did not have information on how long the 60 people were employed by WhiteRidge, but did say they were hired through a staffing agency.
    Scott McNeil, WhiteRidge general manager in Reidsville, declined to comment on the layoffs.

http://www.edendailynews.com/servlet/Sa ... 3354701905
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now that is great news......

If other employers are smart they will do the same.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)