Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACLU Warns Schools to Say "Holiday" vs. "Chri

ACLU Warns Schools to Say "Holiday" vs. "Christmas"
    Story Published: Dec 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM CST

(Story Updated: Dec 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM CST )
    School superintendents across the state were reminded by the ACLU this week that holiday celebrations focusing primarily on one religious holiday amount to an unconstitutional endorsement of religion.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) letter, addressed to 137 public shool leaders across the state, stated that it was responding to a number of complaints from families about school party activites this Christmas season.

Hedy Weinburg, ACLU executive director in Tennessee, cited several U.S. Supreme Court decisions about the matter.

But several area citizens, like Jim Brown, think that such admonitions are misguided and potentially dangerous. Brown commented on the news, saying "We are a Christian nation. Let's act like it." and said that he hopes that the teachers and administration will celebrate the Christmas season.

Said one area teacher (name withheld), "I respect people of different faiths, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to eliminate my own from my work and and my classroom. I can enjoy Christmas as Christmas without worrying that I'm going to offend someone. My money still says that I trust in God. Are they going to stop me from using that, too?"

The letter was sent from the ACLU to the top administrators across the state. What those administrators do with the information is yet to be seen.

http://www.ucdailynews.com/schools/ACLU ... 71939.html

Banned
    The aclu is and should be classified as a subversive traitorous org and disbanded along with their leaders arrested , tried and thrown in jail

Why are we letting this happen to this country

Just covered on Fox news also

The ACLU should be branded as a terrorist organization.

Ironic how the ACLU can twist the First Amendment into a notion that cancels both free speech and freedom of religion.

Hey guys and gals! Is it time to privatize education or what? I sure think so.

Consider this:

1. If we pass school vouchers with an average cost of $4,000 per student for regular classroom study and $8,000 per student for special education classroom study, which is more than what the average Christian school business model costs in North Carolina, Northern Virginia and several other locations I studied, then taxpayers save $300 billion a year on public education, K-12, that we now spend $600 billion a year on.

2. Private schools would have the freedom to compete for excellence and do what their customers and students want which is provide the highest possible level of education at the lowest possible cost.

3. Private schools would be smaller, there would be more of them, they could tailor to more students and families, and would be more convenient and effective.

I think we should try it, because what's going on now is just unacceptable, from outrageous drop out rates to low test scores, from pregnant girls in school to teachers dating students, and from politically biased teachers to civil rights lawsuits. And that's before we even get to illegal aliens and La Raza classes.

Enough is enough. I had a wonderful public eduction experience and always supported it and opposed vouchers because I wanted every young person to have the same experience I did, but what is going on today is so different from that, it's clear our kids are being cheated and robbed of their futures if we don't fix this problem. I've considered it now for a couple of years from many different perspectives, and I'm convinced that privatized education with school vouchers, accreditation standards of course and some general performance standards and testing requirements is the best solution to our education problems.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Over the years I have seen and read more children are being taught at home . SCREW the ACLU!
    Nothing BUT TRAITORS and DESTROYERS OF CHRISTIANITY!
    DESTROYERS of this country with their protection of criminal illegal aliens
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I disagree, Judy, the evils of capitalism would steer the cost of attending the elementary, middle and high schools, down the road would parallel the past 20 years of our universities and their outrageous costs. As less and less Americans are unable to attend these private schools, more and more rich foreigners will attend these private schools, just like what's happening with the university enrollment of today.

The DOE needs to go and the unions busted. States shoud improvise minimal contract agreements with proven benchmarks in exchange for compensation to keep the edge of competition flowing into the industry's job market. The school would be bound as well as the teachers to implement and oversee the compliance of benchmarking.

The pledge of Allegiance would be the first activity of the day.

Immigration may not be broken (just not inforced), but the school system is. No more DOE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

well this is the American Holiday the Brith Of Our lord & this is How he all do it . many have other way . but we did this is our schools all over American & I love it if you don't Like the way our out side look for the Holiday . don't look the kids all over American should have a Christmas Party . In School i for it
    Merry Christmas kids Have fun
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This "debate" comes up every year....all it does for me is make me say Merry CHRISTmas even MORE!!!!!!!

.....but then again, I AM known to be passive-aggressive.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Merry Christmas if things keep going this way we won't be celebrating Christmas at all...it seems as though Christianity is under attack from all corners doesn't it...remember this incidents that happened a while back???? I will never say Happy Holiday at this time of year to any one again...Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

Of course they want a donation....

Watch the video below to see Terry Jeffrey explain how CNSNews.com uncovered a Christmas Scandal at the Smithsonian, and why only CNSNews.com could do it.

Friends,

Please watch a special video message from CNSNews.com Editor-in-Chief, Terry Jeffrey. In the video Terry explains how CNSNews.com uncovered the Smithsonian Christmas Scandal and why only CNSNews.com was able to do it.

CNSNews.com is 100% donor supported. And, as you consider your end of the year charitable donations, we ask that you make your best possible tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com so that we're able to continue to uncover stories like these.

When CNSNews.com published the truth about “Hide/Seekâ€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast