Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

It ain't over 'til the Lame Duck sings

It ain't over 'til the Lame Duck sings
    Diane Sweet
    Published: Monday March 10, 2008

Bush jokes with press in 'off the record' song & dance routine
    President George W. Bush seems to be in high spirits of late. Just the other day he tap danced for the press corps while waiting on John McCain, and on Saturday night he was serenading a crowd of several hundred in what he said was his first -- and last -- performance for the annual Gridiron Club dinner with his own special rendition of 'Green, Green, Grass of Home.'

While video of Bush's impromptu soft-shoe routine on the White House steps was broadcast far and wide, members of the press corps were sworn to off-the-record secrecy before viewing his Gridiron song & dance. During the routine, Bush joked about Dick Cheney's penchant for secrecy, former FEMA director Michael Brown's incompetence and "some oil rich Saudi."

A few attendees apparently ignored Bush's secrecy directive and surreptitiously filmed the proceedings with cell phone cameras. Videos of the event were posted to YouTube and are reproduced below.

The Gridiron Club has only 65 active members, did not admit women until the 1970's, and did not include television or radio correspondents until just 2005. The New York Times boycotted because of the off-the-record ground rules.

Absent from the affair were jokes about searching for WMD's from President Bush, the topic of a previous poorly received presidential comedy routine.

Even Helen Thomas, one of the president's fiercest questioners from the White House press gallery, appeared in a skit dressed as a 19th-century schoolmarm pretending to be Condi Rice teaching democracy to foreign heads of state.

The dinner is 'off the record' but a Youtube user, framjam, captured Bush's song on his cellphone camera. From George W. Bush's performance:

" And there to meet me is my mama and papa, down the lane I look and there comes Barney, heart of gold and breath like honey; it's good to touch the brown brown grass of home.

[...]

For there's Dick and Condi, my old compadre, talking to me about some oil rich Saudi, it's good to touch the brown brown grass of home.

That old White House is behind me, I'm once again carefree, don't have to worry 'bout a crisis in Pyongyang. Down the lane I look Dick Cheney is strolling with documents he's been withholding, it's good to touch the brown brown grass of home."

From the downtown Renaissance Hotel, the annual Gridiron dinner, Saturday, March 8, 2008:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/It_aint_o ... _0310.html

2 videos of the farce at the site listed above
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Comments

well, it`s good that someone can find some humor in this mess...but then, this mess has made the monkey and followers filthy rich...
    chuck h | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:05 pm
    Direct link to this comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"members of the press corps were sworn to off-the-record secrecy"---- And right there, we have the ENTIRE PROBLEM laid out for us. The Press corps are complicit whores, laying down for their gubmint Johns.
    s117 | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:12 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 US troops died today, yeehaw asshole no WMDs over there...sing a song and dance it's all about you George but yet the Obama supporters (mostly republican that will switch their votes to McCain) keep saying the Clintons are the evil bastards to that I say **** off Bush is the murdering evil bastard that has ****ed up this country for years to come tyvm GOPers and fake dems
    martial law | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:20 pm

at least he aint some whore visiting Democrap like Eliot Spitzer!
    GA SAHM | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:20 pm

Hmmm...why the jubilation? New meds?

Or is another false flag attack in place before November to bail out this pathetic piece of ****ery again?
    Martial Law | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:32 pm

This is the "impartial free press" Read a damn ethics book. No Journalist should be agreeing to an off the record social event with the people they cover. What kind of crap is this?

How can they hold this administration accountable for anything when they wine and dine, and party with em?

Oh wait a minute they aren't holding any of these people accountable for anything. They are holding stories for them. Am I living in the USA or the old east germany??
    off the record | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:35 pm

What a pathetic LITTLE man.
    boris | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 2:36 pm

Shame on the press

No wonder this man has been allowed
    to get away with everything. Both
    he and the press think it is all
    fun and games.
    gloryla | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:05 pm

I don't think Katrina survivors or families of victims would think this is funny. At all.

He has nothing to be laughing about. Nothing.
    Mangoes? | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:09 pm

Can you say the word BUFFOON? This is our president; what an embarrasment!
    Proud Democrat | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:24 pm

Caesar fiddles while Rome burns. This country bumpkin needs to go and not all too soon.
    JAG | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:30 pm

Love the comment about Cheney passing along orders from "soil oil rich Saudi". Clear confirmation of who is really calling the shots in the White House, which certainly explains all of this

http://www.asecondlookatthesaudis.com
    Bill in Chicago | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:37 pm

There's not one funny thing about George Bush.
    GimmeABreak | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:38 pm

That's how the leader of the free world cynically celebrates the attrocities and stupid actions done during his reign as President of the U.S. IMPEACH HIM!
    Lou | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:40 pm

I felt I was going to throw up. At least he didnt sing some cute song about murdering children in Iraq. Marie Antoinette must have entertained her courtiers at the Petit Trianon in similar fashion.
    ANTONIO | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 3:56 pm

GA SAHM,

You must be terribly relieved that a Democrat has finally been caught in what is usually a republican habit. Maybe even you can see a difference because the Democrat was with an adult female and had the decency to apologize unlike Vitters, Craig and countless Repub hypocrits who lie, deny and then lecture the rest of us about "Family Values".

How many people have died due to Spitzer's mistake? W Bush is still screwing us and jokes about it.
    BarbaraAnn | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 4:03 pm

GA SAHM

you are right...hes just a murdering, lying, thieving criminal....and ya, spitzer is an idiot and a whoremonger, and his political career is now probably over....too bad we care more about sex than a mass murderer....nice of bush to surround himself with the few undamaged troops from his illegal war
    uncle joe mccarthy | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 4:24 pm

What Spitzer affects a few people, mostly his family. What Bush did hurt millions of people all around the world. There is no comparison.
    Ellen | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 4:26 pm

Well at least hes not a republipig troll public mens bathrooms sniffing urinals for a trick!
    bushvomit | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 4:35 pm

Look at who is next to Bush (on his left) near the end of the second video: his old "adversary" Helen Thomas.

The members of the elites learned long ago the value of schmoozing with the members of that "free press" without which Bush admits that democracy cannot exist.

Studies of failed propaganda efforts in the past, and the groundbreaking research of Edward Bernays, helped the elites determine that successful propaganda depends on the cooperation of what seems at face value to be an independent unbiased news media.
    Elvis | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 4:49 pm

I swear I just watched a elementry school play.
    Freedom PLease | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 4:50 pm

What a bunch of turds. YAYYYYYYY! Oh George, your so funny!

Watch George LAUGH ABOUT ****ING THE COUNTRY OVER. Screw you Mr President.
    MikeG | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:01 pm

Corporate news has become a complete scam...I worked in network news for years and it was obvious what was coming after GE bought NBC...those of us who objected to the "propaganda" and management withholding video that put pols or corporate execs in a bad light were let go or bought off. And that was in the early 90's, can only imagine who is working there now: careerists and those waiting to get their pensions I would imagine.

Mainstream news is neither... (with apologies to the silent majority).
    Progressive Type | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:06 pm

How about the admission that cheney is with holding papers???? time for impeachment - you have the president in his own words saying the VP is breaking the law!!!!!IMPEACH THESE BASTARDS NOW!!!
    outraged dem | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:11 pm

They think flushing democracy and the Constitution down the toilet is just so damned funny!
    Thomas Mc | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:21 pm

NEVER forget what they've done to this country.
    Thomas Mc | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:27 pm

If it weren't for the internet there would be no other source for news. No wonder there's this feeling the press and the politicians are One.
    Alive4now | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:28 pm

Christ, what a loser. He ****s up and laughs at us about it. And we have a whole 'nother 10 months of that asshole.
    Joe Paranoid | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 5:33 pm

Shame on the press is right.
    Steve | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 6:32 pm

I wonder if Nero played his violin at a press function...
    El.Kabong | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 6:33 pm

That's true, Bush doesn't visit whores. They visit him, and then he lets them pretend to be journalists. Also, Bush is gay.
    NoOneYouKnow | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 6:39 pm

I really didn't think I could despise this scumbag anymore than I already do, but I was wrong. On another note my 19 year old nephew ships out to Afghanistan tomorrow for the annual spring offensive to try and fix this totally screwed up, forgotten about war, or whatever you call it. I hope with all my heart that they are not impeaching these assholes, because they are planning on bringing them up on war crimes charges as soon as they're out. Probably not, I know, but I can hope.
    Chris | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 7:14 pm

Cheney will withhold the papers until next January and then they'll be sealed for fifty years.
    marthamitchell2 | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 8:39 pm

Yes people slaughtered under false pretenses, and drowned while you cut brush, quite a song and dance, you miserable bast...
    marvin | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 8:44 pm

What a complete ludicrous joke!!!

http://www.arcticbeacon.com

Of course LAUGH about it now that these cretins have been caught, Cheney needs to be arrested for treason.

http://letsibeledmondsspeak.blogspot.com

Good god, why did ANYONE originally listen to Cheney about setting up a world war on Iran? He needs to be in jail, Cheney is a threat to this whole country.

Impeach Cheney.
    What a Joke! | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 8:44 pm

what a hoot. let's see now, we've got a lieing loser for a president and he aint as bad as spitzer, cuz spitzer visited whores. bush is whore, dude. he has whored himself his entire presidency. you are really a mental midget. bush is an alcohic. how sad he has no control over his drinking ability. he's a cocaine using, drunk driver, who went awol in the air national guard. other than that he is an upstanding guy. what's not to like about this schlub?
    dan deale | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 8:50 pm

Cheney will withhold the papers until next January and then they'll be sealed for fifty years.
    marthamitchell2 | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 8:39 pm

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
    Actually I doubt that any documents will still exist to seal away for 50 years. They have probably already been destroyed.

I just want my country back... where did it go?
    real news | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 10:37 pm

Doesn't anybody else know what the original song is about?
    Here's the final verse:
    Then I awake and look around me, at four grey walls surround me
    and I realize that I was only dreaming.
    For there's a guard and there's a sad old padre -
    arm in arm we'll walk at daybreak.
    Again I touch the green, green grass of home.
    Yes, they'll all come to see me in the shade of that old oak tree
    as they lay me neath the green, green grass of home.

Personally, I think it's highly appropriate for George Bush: the last song of a doomed criminal.
    Frankie Machine | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 10:58 pm

I'm physically sick now.
    NotMarge | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 11:07 pm

Thanks to a nearly total shit-head, complicite America, these war criminals are gonna get away with mass murder. And also making themselves & friends very, very, very ****ing wealthy. And all America can do is stand back , Whine cry, bitch and moan, and watch. Got that?! So shut the **** up, sit down and wait for master to tell you to go to hell. The world is yours, my little hippi's.
    Human Whisperer | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 11:52 pm

I cry for my country. I cry for those honorable soldiers who have died for this cokehead. I cry for the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis murdered on the order of this drunk. I cry for our wounded coming home to despair and neglect. I cry because I see no way to turn back the clock and return our honor, our dignity to a nation now suffering from 7 years of the evil which is not only George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, but every person in that room who laughed instead of standing and turning their backs to that show of contempt for everything we once were. Pigs and bloated blood sucking ticks, each and every one.
    Helen Thomas, shame on you, madam!
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls.
    It tolls for thee.
    No Dummy | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 12:33 am

"Thanks to a nearly total shit-head, complicite America, these war criminals are gonna get away with mass murder. And also making themselves & friends very, very, very ****ing wealthy. And all America can do is stand back , Whine cry, bitch and moan, and watch. Got that?! So shut the **** up, sit down and wait for master to tell you to go to hell. The world is yours, my little hippi's.
    Human Whisperer | Homepage | 03.10.08 - 11:52 pm"

I guess you haven't noticed, or, perhaps you haven't been with us at the protests we have been staging for the last 5 years. It's the Hippies, for the most part, who are the ones taking this to the streets. The last one in L.A. had almost 10,000 and not one ****ing word was printed in the papers the following day. No, it is not the Hippies sitting subservient to these pricks. It's the Good Germans......errrr, I mean, The Good Americans rolling over and playing dead.
    Just saying..........
    No Dummy | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 12:40 am

It's amazing how REPUBLICAN CRAP like Bush-Cheney hasn't been forced to resign yet after getting the FBI to wire tap the same Americans whose tax money is paying FBI to screw them.

ANYBODY can get wire tap information ON YOU. And use it in any way they want to leverage against you.

Enjoy being screwed, Americans. The wire tapping information is still out there, ready to be used by your employer, creditors, insurance--anybody who pays to get it.

We Americans are so BABYSH*T, immature and hypocritical about SEX.
    Have you taken a vow of celibacy or signed up to be a monk when you
    were hired for a job?

Whaaaaat? NO?? WHY NOT??? How "disappointing". Resign IMMEDIATELY, not tomorrow.

Mind YOUR OWN SEX business and not everybody else's.
    Whatta bunch of underwear sniffing idiots.
    darker | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 1:14 am

"at least he aint some whore visiting Democrap like Eliot Spitzer!
    GA SAHM |"

NO HE WAS "DOING" JEFF GANNON
    meathead
    mick | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 1:22 am

George Washington was the richest american when he became President. Look at the history of the original 13 colonies, the rape and plunder of the organic world westward. The Buffalo, the old growth forests, the millions of peoples and their cultures reduced to a few survivors on reservations forced to learn english and the little baby Jesus. Mexico of Texas, AZ, CA, CA, NM and other states all taken for the "more civilized" slave holding colonists. They weren't kidding when they said they respected "our" forefathers. Is today any different? Lebensraum.
    woodgas | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 8:52 am

While Rome is burning the Press and this filthy Administration are laughing and dancing and drinking it up, now how's that for abuse regarding the concerns of the American people. How shameful.
    A. Douglas | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 10:18 am

How can Bush be so light-hearted? Isn't he supposed to be worried sick about the surrender monkeys in the House not passing retroactive immunity for his illegal spying activities? How can he joke while we are about to be hit at any second by "Izslamuhfashists"?
    GimmeABreak | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 11:23 am

YOU TUBE HAS ALREADY REMOVED THE VIDEO! CAN YOU REPLACE IT WITH ONE FROM CACHE?
    tonyschwa | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 11:28 am

I s this the best America has to offer
    looked like an organ grinder and a chimp routine to me
    David | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 1:20 pm

"Even Helen Thomas, one of the president's fiercest questioners from the White House press gallery, appeared in a skit dressed as a 19th-century schoolmarm pretending to be Condi Rice teaching democracy to foreign heads of state."

Suprise! Suprise! She's one of 'em too.
    solomonvoid | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 1:24 pm

Hey GASAHM! Google the name Jeff Gannonand see what you get. No it wasn't a female hooker. It's a man baby!!!
    coolcuke | Homepage | 03.11.08 - 2:13 pm

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/rawstory/9623a/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)