Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sarah Palin on Immigration

Republican Governor (AK); ; nominee for Vice President

Supports a path to citizenship, but no amnesty for illegals

Q: Should undocumented immigrants all should be deported?
    A: There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant--there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants--not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue.

Q: Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 million undocumented immigrants?

A: No, I do not. Not total amnesty. You know, people have got to follow the rules. We have got to make sure that there is equal opportunity and those who are here legally should be first in line for services being provided and those opportunities that this great country provides.

Q: So you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

A: I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

Source: Univision Interview with Sarah Palin, by Jorge Ramos Oct 26, 2008
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Palin's speech today was pretty scrambled. She spent a lot of time patting herself on the back, and if she is resigning to run for president, the worst thing Repubs can do now is take this seriously. The woman is as worthy as a cute cheerleader, winking at everyone and giving shout-outs. What would she do in the diplomatic circles besides embarass this country?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Palin's speech today was pretty scrambled. She spent a lot of time patting herself on the back, and if she is resigning to run for president, the worst thing Repubs can do now is take this seriously. The woman is as worthy as a cute cheerleader, winking at everyone and giving shout-outs. What would she do in the diplomatic circles besides embarass this country?
    I disagree ..........
    I would think the Democraps should be embarrassed in how they have acted towards her.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

"Supports a path to citizenship"

THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW

I will NEVER support or vote for any candidate, from any party,
    who wants to reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think I'll go talk to her....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

who wants to reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.
    Isn't it the Democrap Congress and the Democrap Senate that passes that?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

Isn't it the Democrap Congress and the Democrap Senate that passes that?
    I didn't vote for them either. I didn't vote for Bush, Obama, McCain or Clinton for that same reason.

P.S. The name calling is childish and immature, from anyone in any party, or no party, and has no place here.
    NO AMNESTY

RELATED

RELATED

Sarah Palin is Our Citizen Palin until 2012

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-162007.html
    NO AMNESTY

The big secret is that she is going to take over the Conan O'Brien Show to go up against Letterman.
    LOL
    NO AMNESTY

Top Republicans puzzled by Palin's abrupt resignation

UPDATE

Top Republicans puzzled by Palin's abrupt resignation

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin hugs Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell on Friday after she announced stepping down. Parnell will take her seat July 26.

EVENTS IN PALIN'S POLITICAL CAREER

December 2006 - Gov. Sarah Palin, a former mayor of Wasilla City, Alaska, becomes governor of her state after defeating an incumbent governor of her own party in the primary and then beating a former governor in the general election.

August 2008 - John McCain picks Palin as his vice presidential running mate in a startling selection that makes the Alaska governor the first woman named to a spot on a Republican national ticket.

September 2008 - An announcement that Palin's then 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant creates a stir as the governor prepares to accept her nomination at the Republican National Convention.

October 2008 - Palin is investigated for the firing of a public safety commissioner who said he felt pressure from the governor, her husband and her staff to fire a state trooper who had gone through a divorce from Palin's sister. The Alaska Legislature finds Palin abused her power in office, but a report released by the Alaska Personnel Board on the eve of the election clears Palin of wrongdoing.

November 2008 - McCain and Palin lose the 2008 presidential race.

June 2009 - Palin blasts comedian David Letterman for making a joke about her daughter getting "knocked up" by New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez. Letterman apologizes.

July 2009 - Palin makes a surprise announcement, saying she is resigning from her post as governor at the end of the month.

The Associated Press

By Kathy Kiely, USA TODAY
    Sarah Palin has no intention of retiring from public life, the soon-to-be ex-Alaska governor's spokeswoman said Sunday, but top Republicans are expressing befuddlement at the decision by one of the party's leading presidential prospects to give up her job.
    "It's astounding," Sen. Chuck Grassley, an Iowa Republican said on CBS' Face the Nation. Grassley, whose state holds the crucial first contest of the presidential campaign, said he would welcome a Palin presidential candidacy but thought it might now be harder to launch.

"I would think, if you want to run for president — and I'm not sure that's got anything to do with what she's doing — that the forum of a governorship would be a better forum than just being a private citizen," Grassley said.

Meghan Stapleton, the governor's communications director, told USA TODAY in a phone interview that she expects Palin to remain active as a speaker and campaigner. "I am listening to options for her," she said. Palin's also working to complete memoirs due out next spring.

"She doesn't have a next step decided yet," Stapleton said. "We will just have to wait for history."

FIND MORE STORIES IN: George W. Bush | John McCain | Republican Party | Sarah Palin | Federal Bureau of Investigation | Karl Rove | Mike Huckabee | Twitter | Fox News Channel | Chuck Grassley | Lisa Murkowski | Bob McDonnell | CBS | Christopher J. Christie | Frank Murkowski | Sean Parnell
    Palin, who last year became the Republican Party's first female vice presidential nominee, announced plans to step aside as governor at a hastily organized holiday news conference Friday, citing the toll that her national notoriety has taken on her state, her family and her finances.

But in a Facebook posting the next day, Palin said she wants to "help our nation achieve greatness" by advancing a platform of energy independence, smaller government and enhanced national security.

Over the weekend, Palin moved aggressively to squelch rumors that her surprise decision might have darker motivations. She posted links on her Twitter account to a Los Angeles Times article quoting FBI officials saying that she is not under investigation. Her lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, threatened legal action against reporters and bloggers who suggest any wrongdoing by Palin or her husband, Todd.

Last year's Republican presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain, issued a statement expressing "the greatest respect and affection" for his former running mate, and a hope that "she will continue to play an important leadership role in the Republican Party."

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele said he'll seek Palin's help this fall for GOP gubernatorial candidates Bob McDonnell in Virginia and Chris Christie in New Jersey.

Other party leaders were not so enthused. Karl Rove, former political adviser to President George W. Bush, said on Fox News Sunday that he and other GOP strategists are "perplexed" by Palin's bombshell. Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, another potential 2012 Republican presidential contender, called Palin's strategy "risky."

Even so, SarahPAC, Palin's political action committee, enjoyed a surge of contributions after the governor's announcement, Stapleton said.

Her decision caught many members of her own party flat-footed. "I didn't find out until a newspaper called," said state Rep. Wes Keller, a Palin ally. U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski— whose father, former Alaska governor Frank Murkowski, lost the GOP primary to Palin in 2006 — accused Palin of having "decided to abandon the state and her constituents."

Palin's resignation becomes official July 26. She will be succeeded by Alaska's lieutenant governor, Sean Parnell, a Republican.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... ostPopular
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12