Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Garden Pictures

Friends,

I decided to start a new thread to go along with our gardening discussion. This thread is for pictures with captions or notes.

April 19, 2008

My seedlings ready to go after germination.

The soil tilled and rows made

Dupont weed fabrics in place

MAY 3, 2008

Plants are starting to take hold after sprouts planted

Looking down the rows

Squash Plants off to strong start

Look at the corn taking off!

June 6, 2008

The whole garden is on the move. The squash is producing. Corn and cucumbers are not far behind. Tomatos and string beans have a way to go and of course my watermelon plants on the far end are the slowest.

A closer view

Anyone want some squash? This is our second batch picked over the last three days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YUM! Wish I had room to grow like that! Maybe someday.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Awesome pics, W! Wow, you are a man with many talents. and yes, I want some squash! I love to grill them on the barby during summer.

I started my own little plantation too, only I decided to grow them in pots. I started 2 weeks ago, and already they are thriving well (thank you, Miracle-Gro!) I have 2 tomatoes, 3 bell peppers, 1 yellow squash, 1 zucchini, 1 rosemary, 1 basil, 1 dill, and 1 green onion.

I need to take pics like you did.

Thanks for sharing the photos! I love watching plants and vegies grow!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

AE

I'd love to have a garden but so far, we are still in fall I am afraid.......(just check the Pacific NW weather, you'll see what I mean).

Squash, no matter where it is planted, always overproduces.

Hey William, I could send you a NW favorite that we have in abundance here, blackberries ...... Once planted, they will take over every sunny spot in NC.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I ran into some trouble today.

I slept in later than usual and did not water the garden in the morning as usual. Ive been told that one should avoid watering during the mid day heat because the water will reflect sunlight and can scorch the plants.

Well, it was over 100 degrees today and my three thriving squash plants were looking very wilted and falling over!

I got the hose and took a gamble and gave them some water and all of a sudden these Squash Bugs scrambled to the top of the leaves.

Details on Squash Bugs
    http://www.vegedge.umn.edu/vegpest/cucs/squabug.htm

I thumped all I could see off of the leaves with my fingers hoping that would kill them. I also spotted some eggs of theirs on the stems.

I'm going out there tomorrow and Im not going to stop till every Squash Bug and egg I can find has been destroyed and removed. I hope I am not too late. I saw about twenty of them on my three plants today.

I'm also going to try that trick about putting a board next to the plants for the bugs to crawl under and I can get em in the mornings.

Im trying not to use pesticides if I can help it.

W

AE

See if you can get some kind of predator bugs for this problem. Ladybugs work great for aphids, and those can be bought in most garden centers, and maybe there is another one for this kind, or, maybe another predator such as chickens?
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

GREAT PICS W!!!

MY GARDEN IS GOING WELL FOR THE MOST PART. HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE STRAWBERRIES THOUGH. DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG. MAYBE STRAWBERRIES GROW SLOWLY.

BUT I HAVE POTATOES, TWO KINDS OF BEANS, SEVERAL KINDS OF LETTUCE, CARROTS, BELL PEPPER, MELON, CILANTRO, PARSLEY, TURNIPS AND SCALLIONS. .....OH AND THREE KINDS OF CHERRY AND GRAPE TOMATOES.

NONE OF THIS IS ACTUAL FOOD YET...BUT ITS LOOKING PROMISING

I ALSO STARTED SOME BLUEBERRIES AND BLACKBERRIES. I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THOSE YET, BUT I AM HOPEFUL.

It is kind of weird how these bugs show up. It is sort of like they come in the seed packet or something.

Tomatoes can get some real monster looking bugs.

It's like they transport in like in an old starship episode.

Great garden!!! I hope you're able to get rid of the bugs.

I have never had much luck with gardening with bugs and animals getting to everything.

Thanks for sharing

Way to go William, your weather must be much better than here, just go my seedling in the ground (well almost) my corn is about 3" high but we still have a good chance of frost up until after Memorial day...
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast