Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All over the US water rights are being sold off

Marti Oakley (c)copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved

Reports are coming in from across the country, mostly from the 14 Western States where cattle ranching is a way of life, of water being diverted to other areas or regions and natural waterways being altered to allow the collection of water to be sold on the commodities markets depriving cattle ranchers of the much needed water for their herds.

While many a cattleman (not all) in the west are cheering the unlawful herding and slaughter of wild horses and burros believing that ending the existence of these animals would somehow increase their access to below fair market value grazing permits, a wholly separate plan was being put in place by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). Now, don’t get too excited. You’ll probably still get some really, really cheap grazing permits….you just won’t be able to afford the water necessary for your herds without selling off a couple of your kids or grandkids. And no guarantees are made as to the quality of water you will have access to.

BLM, in collusion with municipalities, multi-national corporations and other stakeholders have been systematically laying claim to any and all water supplies: even what is contained in underground aquifers. What this means to you is this: Even if water appears on your land naturally, having come from a river, stream or aquifer now owned by these corporate stakeholders, you are committing theft. They own the water and all rights to it. The fact that it shows up on your land and always has is now a moot point.

If the corporations who now claim to own the water can prove that it originated from a spring or stream, river or aquifer they have title to, can stop the flow of that water to your land so you can’t steal it from them. This would be cheating them out of their profits under NAFTA/CAFTA regulations which put the rights of the investor above that of the individual or nation/state.

While many of us have kept a careful eye on the multiple attempts to pass such odious pieces of legislation such as Jim Oberstar’s (D)MN,
    â€

I just hope the next President and Congress nullify everything this current crook and his band of Chicago thugs have ILLEGALLY made law while Americans sleep.

This stuff has been in the works for decades. I do not have access to correct internet links to expose it but it is all part of the world government for which ObombUS is just the current puppet. I used to get to listen to the radio quite a bit and many of the programs I listened to covered this from all ends of the political spectrum from fundamentalist Christian, "hate-talk" radio, to even NPR and coast2coastam. Now they seem silent on this and some shows I can no longer find. That is why I find it sad that we still can't unify for some common goals because alot of what is happening EVERYBODY can disagree with. Also why I am not too critical of mass movements of people like the jihadist Muslims who believe that the U.S. represents this evil and the same for the Mexicamovement types. In a way they are correct because our tax dollars have been used to send huge corporations like McDonalds and Coca-Cola across the planet and those are the more benign ones. Part of me thinks that molding us into Chinese worker bees may be something they consider part of survival of the planet but since it is obvious that they have a final solution in store for many of us I am not feeling so complacent. Imagine! We may have to become terrorists for a drink of water, to be able to have a backyard garden - I am waiting for some evil genius to come up with a potable cheap toxic H20 substitute. Meanwhile I am going to go forage for some mesquite beans - 'tis the season.

"Reports are coming in from across the country, mostly from the 14 Western States where cattle ranching is a way of life, of water being diverted to other areas or regions and natural waterways being altered to allow the collection of water to be sold on the commodities markets depriving cattle ranchers of the much needed water for their herds. "

I suppose if you sell your soul to MickeeD's you can prevent this. Years ago a retired rancher told me that secretly the government wishes for all of us to become vegetarians. I thought that was whack back then. But an Arizona Mountain Man was railing about how the Mexicans and more were going to be flooding us through our southern border in a few years and people rolled their eyes at him too.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!