Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALLEGATION: Bachmann Rigged Iowa Poll by Buying Votes

[b]Bachmann Rigged Iowa Poll by Buying “At Leastâ€
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All the candidates purchased tickets for their representatives to get in. Nothing to see here.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    All the candidates purchased tickets for their representatives to get in. Nothing to see here.
    ==============================

$120,000 worth?

This appears to be a strong allegation.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is not the whole story.

Really, not this crap again. Looks like Ron Paul Supporters are bitter and they are blogging about it. I can not understand why Paul supporters can't take it on the chin like the rest of us and they always paint Paul as a victim when he doesn't win.

To imply that Bauchman or any candidate did anything inappropriate is misleading.

I called the IA GOP Headquarters

It’s unclear whether any of the other candidates engaged in this same behavior.
    It's very clear if you pick up the phone and do some research before you blog BS.

Did any other candidates give out tickets to supporters? Yes, including Ron Paul but hey are not going to mention that. From my understanding, all candidates received tickets for their supporters.

If you want the whole truth, you can call the The Republican Party of Iowa 515.282.8105 and inquire about the Ames Straw Poll. Most staff members are out of the office today so call later in the week.

http://theiowastrawpoll.org/strawpoll.php

"In order to vote in the Iowa Straw Poll, one must be at least 18 years of age on or before November 2012 and a resident of the state of Iowa."

Validity of the straw poll:

Per IAGOP "Iowa Photo ID was required" to vote. The "tickets were punched" so they could not be reused and the voters "fingers were blue inked" so they could not vote twice. This was a very secure election process and every effort was made to prevent double dipping. It was "more secure than an Iowa General Election." I can't argue with that.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Validity of the straw poll:

I called the IA GOP Headquarters and this is what I was told. "Iowa Photo ID was required" to vote. The "tickets were punched" so they could not be reused and the voters "fingers were blue inked" so they could not vote twice. This was a very secure election process and every effort was made to prevent double dipping. It was "more secure than an Iowa General Election." I can't argue with that.

Dixie
    ============================

Thanks for the ground work, Dixie.

This isn't passing the smell test, and going straight to the source like you just did makes ALL the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME
    Thanks for the ground work, Dixie.

This isn't passing the smell test, and going straight to the source like you just did makes ALL the difference.
    You're welcome. Misinformation is one of my pet peeves.

I can whole heatedly appreciate someone supporting the candidate of their choice. However, I will speak up and challenge bad information.

Some of us Alipacers survived the Ron Paul madness during the last election. It was not pretty. Hopefully, everyone plays nice and can have civil debates in 2012.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Misinformation is one of my pet peeves.

I can whole heatedly appreciate someone supporting the candidate of their choice. However, I will speak up and challenge bad information.

Some of us Alipacers survived the Ron Paul madness during the last election. It was not pretty. Hopefully, everyone plays nice and can have civil debates in 2012.

Dixie
    =============================

MISinformation is not only dirty and underhanded, but if proven under the right conditions, falls under numerous voting and campaign laws.

Hopefully this will get clarified quickly.

Banned
    My aunt lives in Ames Iowa she said the straw poll is a joke.She attends and all kinds of deals are struck to get votes,some people will switch and laugh knowing they wont vote the way they did in sraw poll.She said dont put no trust in straw poll.Where she was at just about all were for Paul and alot of Bachman supporters where pissed and argumentive about it.

I was at the Iowa Straw Poll and it looked like Ron Paul spend way more money (he had a HUGE spot with lots of giveaways in the front area - Bachmann's tent was way in the back). So lets not get in a ____ match here. They are both great fiscally conservative candidates that showed up the establishment candidates so I'm very proud of both of them.

Not only did they win - but they won WAY ahead of all the rest of the candidates! The media is dissing them both so lets not do that here. Let's be happy for both of them!

1. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (4823, 28.55%)

2. Congressman Ron Paul (4671, 27.65%)

3. Governor Tim Pawlenty (2293, 13.57%)

4. Senator Rick Santorum (1657, 9.81%)

5. Herman Cain (1456, 8.62%)

6. Governor Rick Perry (718, 3.62%) write-in

7. Governor Mitt Romney (567, 3.36%)

8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (385, 2.28%)

9. Governor Jon Huntsman (69, 0.41%)

10. Congressman Thad McCotter (35, 0.21%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    I was at the Iowa Straw Poll and it looked like Ron Paul spend way more money (he had a HUGE spot with lots of giveaways in the front area - Bachmann's tent was way in the back). So lets not get in a ____ match here. They are both great fiscally conservative candidates that showed up the establishment candidates so I'm very proud of both of them.

Not only did they win - but they won WAY ahead of all the rest of the candidates! The media is dissing them both so lets not do that here. Let's be happy for both of them!
    ========================================

Thanks very much for that first-hand report, Melissa!

RELATED

Presidential Candidates: Enforcement Vs. Amnesty
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-246987-0-da ... rasc-.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast