Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Allen West: Dr. King's Legacy Is Not the Obama Agenda

Allen West: Dr. King's Legacy Is Not the Obama Agenda

GOP Should Follow MLK's Principles

Monday, 18 Jan 2010 07:39 PM
    By: John Rossomando

Republicans need to follow the example of Martin Luther King Jr. and return to their basic principles if they plan to win big in this year’s midterm elections, says Lt. Col Allen West, a retired Iraq and Afghanistan veteran who is challenging Democratic Rep. Ron Klein in Florida’s 22nd congressional district.

West used King’s birthday as an opportunity to emphasize the importance of the slain civil rights leader’s belief in the importance of character and to critique the mentality that many black leaders have instilled.

“I think we need to be very careful about losing the sense of individualism, and when you look at this collective progressive mentality that has turned the black community into victims and dependent upon the government,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's long overdue for Republicans to start telling the true story of civil rights in the United States. In fact, it's time all Americans knew the truth about civil rights in the United States from who risked their lives and fortunes to free the slaves, to pass all US civil rights legislation including all 3 civil rights Amendments to the US Constitution and all 5 US Civil Rights Acts, who is actually responsible for workers rights, minimum wages, safe working conditions, 40 hour work weeks and automatic over-time, child labor laws and OSHA, who fought for voting and equal rights for women and my friends, that was the members of the Republican Party, who had to fight the Democrats at every turn on every issue and every piece of legislation to achieve these advancements for our people.

Republicans have never talked about it, and I know why. They were like the soldiers of WWII, who came home from a war they never wanted to talk about. Some of these battles were so hard and so difficult that when they were over and won, Republicans were drained and exhausted by the ugliness and wickedness they had witnessed in the process.

But we can't be silent any more. Republicans must talk about it, so this generation and all generations to come know the truth about civil rights in the United States. The people must know the truth, because they deserve to know the truth, and only we can tell them. And, it's long past time we did.

I'm glad to see Allen West speaking up about this and I applaud him for doing so.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder why everyone in the media prefers to refer to the Rev. Martin Luther King as Dr. Martin Luther King?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I wonder why everyone in the media prefers to refer to the Rev. Martin Luther King as Dr. Martin Luther King?
    I guess because he's a 1955 Ph.D. from Boston University.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn