Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amanpour's Viewership Soars--On Fox News

Interesting story.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35345

Amanpour’s Viewership Soars -- on Fox News! [/size]by Human Events

01/26/2010

CNN spiked a hot story on Sunday. But if their plan was to keep a lid on a heated and unflattering Christiane Amanpour interview, it didn’t quite work out. Christiane Amanpour interviewed author Marc Thiessen about his hot new book, Courting Disaster: How the CIA Kept America Safe and How Barack Obama Is Inviting the Next Attack last Wednesday, January 20. But Thiessen turned the tables on Amanpour and instead confronted her about her biased reporting.

The show broadcast to CNN’s international audience, as planned. The piece was then to air in the large U.S. market Sunday. However, it appears that after Thiessen firmly called out CNN’s star reporter for spreading mistruths about enhanced interrogation, one of her pet issues, the network opted to not air the show at all in the United States.

Here’s where the story gets interesting. Fox News Channel then grabbed the CNN video clips off YouTube and aired parts of the revealing interview on its two top rated shows, "The O’Reilly Factor" and "Hannity." The net effect was that parts of the interview were seen domestically by more than ten times the number who would have seen it had the show simply aired on CNN alone.

No doubt CNN would argue the Sunday airing was bumped by more pressing news, including Haiti, and that argument might normally fly, except that Haiti had already happened when Amanpour interviewed Thiessen, yet at the time the show’s producers had no problem guaranteeing that the interview would air on Sunday. It seems their decision changed after they saw the actual interview.

CLIPS BELOW

Clip from "The O’Reilly Factor."
    http://www.youtube.com/user/courtingdis ... HeAhjP9l8U
    Clip from "Hannity]."
    http://www.youtube.com/user/courtingdis ... NNtLD1x_CU

Human Events is a sister company of Regnery Publishing, publisher of Courting Disaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HUMAN EVENTS is the news source President Reagan called his "favorite newspaper" and we still hold high the Reaganesque principles of free enterprise, limited government and, above all, a staunch, unwavering defense of American freedom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can't hit the O'Reilly link, cause I absolutely despise that thing... can't call him a human being. And now that I know that Saudi Arabia owns second majority control of FOX... first being Merdock himself... I cring watching the network. And remember that I believe 8 out of the 10 terrorists in 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia..I am sickened to see media purchased by foreign interests. But now that the supreme court has ruled that major corporations can throw tons of bucks (and we know that many of these major corporations are owned by China and muslim interests); well well well.... we find ourselves in a terrible mess... those of us that were once American.

I would suggest you turn off FOX in protest... that is what I have done. And pictures of Beck running for President with Palin as his VP make me want to vomit... Palin... McCain tramp..... no thank you.