Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

America: Lying Politicians, Gullible Voters

America: Lying Politicians, Gullible Voters and the Long Slide Ahead

Mon, 03/10/2008 - 17:51 — dlindorff
    Well, fellow Americans, we are finally going to get our just rewards.

That “Almighty Dollarâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Comments

Tue, 03/11/2008 - 17:26 — son54c
    Campaign Hype
    With the campaigns nearing an end, what have we heard so far? From a personal viewpoint, I've heard more mud slinging, misquotes, empty promises, plans without means, and the same ol' tired rhetoric that we hear every four years, than I've heard platforms with real substance. What real meaning are we to take from what we've heard so far? Do we assume that each candidate can make good on their intentions for a better America? If we look closely at the facts, and admit to ourselves that we are indeed, an America in serious trouble, which of the candidates can we really trust to bail us out?

Without going into great detail as to the why, the fact is that the president alone can not solve our many problems. But, if we listen carefully to each candidate running for the White House, the Oval Office has the power and means to right the sinking ship called America. This boastful and self-assured rhetoric has the nation tuned-in to various media, reading articles, scanning the Internet, and listening to radio talk shows. The campaign hype is drawing more attention than normal, and certainly more than we've seen in recent history. Could this campaign hype be blamed on the fact that a woman and a dark skinned man are at the center of attention?

Putting our feet back on the ground, and away from the campaign hype for a moment, by the time one of the candidates take a seat in the Oval Office, this country will need more than any of them have expressed so far. It'll take an extraordinary effort on the part of the U.S. States Senate and House of Representatives, working together for the common good, to start the rebuilding process necessary, if we're to re-establish the foundations for a strong and prosperous nation. Corporate influence has taken its' toll on our social and economic well-being, all done by-way-of several decades of dictating legislation.

Before we get too carried away with a candidate, their many promises and good intentions, lets remember that America depends on the collective effort of almost six hundred elected and appointed members of government to guide this nation. One person, a president, can not dictate every law and policy on behalf of all citizens. In my opinion, campaigns have gotten to the point of being very very expensive popularity contests, with little in the way of real substance, as far as solving problems and securing America's future.

Present day campaigns make excellent fodder for the news media, water-cooler conversations, and ammunition for political junkies, but lack any real guidance when it comes time to vote. Most of us know the path we want this country to take, but, so far, the campaigns haven't given us a plan to get from point A to point B. The political frenzy taking place in America at present, is nothing more than non-productive hype, campaign hype.

Sonny Clark

Tue, 03/11/2008 - 13:29 — son54c
    Truth In Words
    I have to say that I agree totally. I've preached the exact same sermon for years now. It's still hard for me to believe that people actually swallow, hook, line, and sinker, every word out of the mouths of professional politicians. I write articles almost every day saying exactly what you've said here. America is headed for a rough ride, and soon. Our economy has collapsed, our dollar is near worthless, and we've lost most of our industrial base.

America is living off of debt, alot of debt. In addition to the national debt, personal credit card debt is taking its' toll. The con game that the candidates are running on America is pathetic, to say the least. It's almost a given now, that we'll soon slide into "third world" status. The wheels are in motion to bring economies to an equalization to the lowest level.

America, no doubt, has the world's dumbest smart people. We keep hurting ourselves each time we re-elect professional politicians to serve this country.

Sonny Clark

Tue, 03/11/2008 - 13:27 — gnat60
    You speak sense Dave,
    Actually I believe Ron Paul was the ONLY candidate that said just that.
    I suppose that is why he was ignored and abused every step of the way.
    Bring them home from all over the world, return to the gold standard rid us of the bloated government and start enjoying freedom.
    Ya, makes too much sense I suppose.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How else do you explain Clinton getting as many votes as she has. This country can't return to greatness without first putting our principles above our privileges, and that takes integrity. When you look at Clinton and Obama you can clearly see who comes across as most trustworthy, and it's NOT Clinton. We will soon find out if the American people are ready for change...

Re: America: Lying Politicians, Gullible Voters

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7

We need to put the hundreds of thousands of men and women who unproductively march around in ugly desert uniforms to productive work as teachers, scientists, technicians, builders, healthcare workers and reforestation workers.

The perfect job is waiting for them here in America...protecting our borders!!!