America not good enough for Obama's children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 12, 2008
1:00 am Eastern

© 2008

Asked in Elkhart, Ind., by a 7-year-old little girl, why he wanted to be president, Barack Obama answered: "Because I don't believe that America is what it could be [or] what it once was – and I don't want that for my little girls."

Parsing his statement, "He doesn't want our America for [his] little girls," because he doesn't "believe [it is] what it once was." On that point, I agree with him, albeit for completely different reasons.

America today is in jeopardy of no longer being a nation in which ordinary families can pass their single greatest source of wealth, i.e., their property to their children and future generations. Whatever portion of said wealth isn't taken by the federal government through onerous death penalty taxes is threatened by the government's abuse of the "take clause" of the Fifth Amendment, and/or state and local governments that routinely overstep their boundaries under the guise of eminent domain.

America is no longer a nation where honest, law-abiding citizens can depend on the courts to protect their rights and privileges over those of criminals. In fact, today, the rights of honest patriotic citizens are abridged and abrogated in favor of the extreme, the unpatriotic and the hardened criminals. Home and business owners are all too often told they cannot display our national flag or flags that commemorate "prisoners of war" and/or those "missing in action." Consider states like Vermont, where the courts routinely favor the freedom of pedophiles and sexual deviants over the safety of children.

America is no longer a nation where children are free to openly give thanks to God for their meals in public schools – even cadets in military academies are being forbidden same. Today, businesses like Tyson Foods disallow long-standing national holidays, such as Labor Day – choosing instead to honor Muslim holidays – as if America should be beholding to same.

America today is no longer a nation where her sovereignty is honored. Illegal aliens are not to be called what they are, but rather undocumented immigrants. Illegals are permitted to wage protests intended to cripple our economy – they are given sanctuary in violation of federal laws – while those local municipalities that take steps to curb the economic burdens caused by illegals in their communities, are forbidden by to act liberal courts.

America today is no longer a nation where true freedom of speech exists – rather, there exists a proscribed politically correct speech that is deemed acceptable based on codified dictates.

I agree that America "is not what it could be," but not for the reasons he does. America could be a country where our sovereign laws and borders are protected. It could be a country where the rights of unborn children are protected. It could be a country where the family and marriage are honored vis-Ã*-vis traditional interpretations and definitions.

America could be a country in which schools and school books present a truthful and factual history of our nation. It could be a country where people (specifically blacks) were encouraged to emulate honest, cogent and reasoned examples of success, juxtaposed to that which is common, base and destructive.

America could be a place where the evangelical church remembers its true purpose. It could be a country in which presidential candidates do not foment class envy. We could be a country in which we are encouraged to take pride in our accomplishments and in having overcome the dark periods in our history.

That is the country I say America could be and the country America should be, but that is not the case for the Obama-envisioned America. Obama has absorbed the barbiturates of hatred, class envy, redistribution of wealth and government control. So extreme are the levels of said anti-American toxins in his core being, it's doubtful there exists picrotoxin in sufficient supply to save him and the country from his political poisoning should he win the presidency.

When he says he "doesn't want that for his little girls," is he saying he doesn't want a country for his daughters where a person of color or a woman can be president? Is he saying he doesn't want a country where they, like he and his wife, can be educated in the best institutions of learning, in a country where they can be wealthy?

As the old adage reminds us, a leopard cannot change it spots, nor can it conceal them for very long. Obama's true colors are being exposed more clearly every time he speaks. The problem is that his spots are not red, white and blue – they are not supportive of American values – and they certainly aren't supportive of the Constitution as written and originally intended.

When a presidential candidate says, "[We] Americans can't drive our SUVs and [cannot] eat as much as we want and [cannot] keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times … and then just expect that other countries are going to be okay." When he states emphatically that this will not be the case under his leadership – I submit that we can conclude what kind of country he believes America "could be." The problem is, that's not the kind of country our Founding Fathers envisioned nor is it the kind of nation a majority of Americans want to live in.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=72088