Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The American Community Survey

The American Community Survey is a new nationwide survey designed to provide communities a fresh look at how they are changing. It will replace the long form in future censuses and is a critical element in the Census Bureau’s reengineered 2010 census plan.
    This must be a requirement of US and Naturalized citizens only. The above the law group likely won't reply.

Some Question in this survey.

At what location did this person work LAST WEEK?

For whom did this person work?

Gross Income in the past 12 months?

Becasue of a Physical, mental, or emotional condition last 6 months or more, does this person have any difficulty in doing any of the following activities?

Is the grandparent currently responsible for most of the basic needs of any grandchildren under the age of 18.

Has this person ever served on active duty in the US Armed Forces, military Reserves, or National Guards?

Last Week, was this person on layoff from a job?

What is the value of this property?

How much is the regular monthly mortgage payments of this property?

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/

American Community Survey: Must I respond?

Question
    Do I have to respond to the American Community Survey / Puerto Rico Community Survey?

Answer
    Yes. Response to this survey is required by law (Section 221 of Title 13). Respondents are required to answer all questions on the American Community Survey (ACS) to the best of their ability. Your answers are very important because they represent the answers of many other similar households in your community. The data that you and others provide in response to this survey are required to manage or evaluate federal and state government programs. If you submit an incomplete form or provide data that are unclear, we will may contact you by phone or in person to obtain or clarify the missing information.

The ACS is part of the Decennial Census Program. It is a survey that is sent to a small percentage of our population on a rotating basis. These data previously were collected only in census years in conjunction with the decennial census. Since the ACS is conducted every year, rather than once every ten years, it will provide more current data throughout the decade. The Census Bureau may use the information it collects only for statistical purposes. Title 13 requires the Census Bureau to keep all information about you, and all other respondents, strictly confidential.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I received an ACS American Community Survey about a month ago and I did not approve of the threatening language and the long list of invasive questions.

I made the decision to ignore it. Then a woman that works for the Commerce Dept. and US Census shows up at my house on a Sunday!

She told me my answers were required by law. I told her that I was not obligated to submit to compulsory interrogation by the government about my private affairs. She went away and I told her I would call her after making some inquiries the next day.

Here is what I discovered.

The ACS is a sampling plan that is being used because there was a big backlash from the public about the 2000 census long form. They hope they can get all of the information they need by taking people on one at a time.

Two, there is a $500 fine built into the law if you refuse to fill it out, however nobody has EVER been charged yet.

I spoke with people at the US Census office and at the Commerce offices.

The ACS is more information than the government needs to know about us and the government should not be able to demand compulsory interrogation from law abiding citizens.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just received a notice letter today that my address will receive this survey. Randomly selected......

Banned
    They'll just have to fine me then!

If I get one I'll probably use it to start my BBQ!

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

There is that year again. 2010 appears to be a very important year.