Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

America's Quiet Anger

America's Quiet Anger

By James P. Gannon on 3.30.10 @ 6:07AM

There is a quiet anger boiling in America.

It is the anger of millions of hard-working citizens who pay their bills, send in their income taxes, maintain their homes and repay their mortgage loans -- and see their government reward those who do not.

It is the anger of small town and Middle American folks who have never been to Manhattan, who put their savings in a community bank and borrow from a local credit union, who watch Washington lawmakers and presidents of both parties hand billions in taxpayer bailouts to the reckless Wall Street titans who brought down the economy in 2008.

It is the fury of the voiceless, the powerless, the ordinary nobodies of Flyover Country who are ridiculed, preached to, satirized and insulted by the Celebrity Loudmouths of the two Left Coasts, the Jon Stewarts and Keith Olbermanns, the Paul Krugmans and their ilk.

It is the salted wound of the millions who see that ruling Democrats in Congress are not listening to them but are willfully ignoring public opinion and the verdict of recent elections in passing a huge new health care entitlement when the existing entitlements of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are already going broke.

It is the frustrating helplessness of citizens who revere the Founding Fathers and the genius of the Constitution that they wrote, who actually believe the words of the Constitution mean what they say, not more and not less. They who watch politicians and the courts stretch and bend that Constitution -- finding "rights" not enumerated, powers never granted, meanings unimagined -- believe that their country is being redefined without their consent.

Most of the angry are not out marching in the streets, waving signs or shouting into bullhorns. And they are not smashing windows or phoning death threats to politicians. They are simply waking up angry in the morning, and going to bed angry at night. And their resentment is multiplied by the media's efforts to portray them all as dangerous, crazy people, and by the effort of certain Democrats to tar them with brush of violent intent.

They are embittered, too, by the rhetoric of a triumphant president who turns on its head Winston Churchill's heroic attitude promising defiance in defeat but magnanimity in victory. For a president of a deeply divided country, defiance in victory is not an endearing posture. It has all the persuasive charm of a Chad Ochocinco victory dance in the end zone of the opponent's stadium.

These quietly angry people gather in their churches while their religions are called divisive and their beliefs are labeled as bigotry, and they pray for a better day. They talk among themselves in their Main Street cafes, at the Rotary club or at their kids' softball games, seeking others who understand their frustration and will not respond with arrogant dismissal.

They are tired of being told they are too stupid to understand the country's complex problems, too rooted in the past to find solutions, too selfish to share what they have worked for with everyone else who wants it.

They are not reaching for guns or for pitchforks. They are holding their anger within, waiting for their time, watching those in power over-reach and over-indulge.

Their wound is deep, and it will not be salved by more presidential speeches, Congressional hand-outs, or promises of wonderful things to come. They no longer believe any of that. Their quiet rage abides, waiting till it can be expressed in that silent place behind the curtain where the ballot lists the names that they have now committed to an angry memory.

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/3 ... uiet-anger
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    What a nicely written article that speaks for so many of us! Anger is definitely becoming a national trait for those of us who feel powerless to stop this president and his "surges." Here is another thing I'm becoming aware of: Obama is just exhausting!! He seems to have the ability to just wear us out. How can one man have the ability to just exhaust an entire nation? Every day, he is on a plane to somewhere, giving a speech, or pushing, pushing, pushing his ideas to yet another crowd. None of the citizens in the country can relax even one day because he is always pushing for yet something else that promises to ruin the country's future. We have to stay EVER VIGILANT 24/7. We all wonder if we will EVER get our lives back. He is succeeding in just wearing us all down day after day. I know. I know. We won't give up or give in--but sometimes I feel this national exhaustion that accompanies the anger the writer is talking about here.

NAU is very apparent in Arizona

what a good article! it is so true, and Americans need to stand for the youth whom feel they have no future except for emaciated, shackles and chains in the corporate dictatorship. Calling American tax paying citizens "terrorists" if they have dissent for "their" government is a crime within itself!

Don't vote for public servants whom take money/incentives from corporations to maniupulate OUR laws and criminalize our youth so they have NO American rights and can never change anything!

Indeed the US Constitution! A good start would be for OUR public servants serve the American people protect their freedoms, rights and liberties and their children's as we pay them to do and keep to the oath they swore or get out of OUR offices and buildings!

The reason they haven't put OUR troops on the Mexican border is because of the NAU ( North American Union) signed 3/03 making us ONE country like the European Union. ALL of the Mexicans crossing KNOW about the NAU, and it shocks me how many US citizens do NOT know about it. The NAU is only one reason as the illegals arrive they pick up their Tax ID numbers. Growing up In Arizona I've seen countless business owners here hire illegals, some actually going down and picking them up. Then you have the CIA whose been bringing drugs in the USA for how long? How many Tax Paying American families have been destroyed behind their drug empire? either through death some how drug related, crime and don't forget the prison/slave industrial complex they've created here in Arizona right above the Mexican border.
    I mean with satellites doing 24/7 surveillance, cameras everywhere and coincidently we could probably find at least one illegal drug in almost every town in the USA. There is a darker motive here folks. Stripping American rights from your kids after they've been targeted by the CIA drug trafficking operation. They want your kids and my kids to have NO American rights, freedoms or liberties hopefully by age 18. They won't even be able to get a student loan, vote, bare arms, run for office, let alone get a job. They can however still PAY taxes. Then future generations truley will be slaves in shackles and chains.
    I find the people in Arizona that say this and say that politically and at home they have "illegals" doing their ranch work, landscaping etc. I find their rhetoric very hypocritical. Arpio I guess did not get the memo about the NAU and I feel he and his should be using resources to get the NAU, Patriot Acts and homeland security polcies that call Americans terrorists rescinded when drug trafficking is a terrorist attack, and so is Mexicans murdering ranchers, and actually declaring war on us on our soil, because they have Tax ID numbers. What I don't like about Arpio is he's from (NJ for one) kidding!... and his retired snow birds and transplants put him in and there are youth haters! he is punishing American's kids in HIS jails next to his Mexicans Why should America's youth have to be in jails with his Mexicans to suffer along side of them when it is all about paying HIS/THEIR bills of the tax payers and the slave labor prisoners do. He is charging tax paying American inmates for food, meals that aren't fit for my dog. Don't forget the right to work law in Az where they pay servers $2.60 an hour tax it and then ASSUME how much tips you make and tax it too! sounds like SLAVERY to me and Arizona's politicians are pro-corporate and pro-slavery! The business do NOT hire more workers, they make the ONE worker do TWICE the work for SLAVE wages! period!
    If compared to cost of living... Minimum wage should be $25.00 an hour!
    Plus after being gone for 11 yrs and came back and Arizona LOOKED like Mexico to me and Phoenix looks so ghetto to me now!
    It is the total HATE for America's future OUR youth! It is OUR responsibility to be TRUTHFUL with our children, share our wisdom, guidance and we PAY these jokers to protect our children and drug trafficking is a terrorist attack targeting our kids! Tell your children why "they" want them to do drugs! Billion dollars is one.
    They don't tell the public about the NAU or the Tax Id numbers, oh yeah Uncle Sam raking in the bucks you don't know about. They keep allowing people that HATE America and Americans freely roam our countryside. So MUCH money WASTED deporting them over and over, cause the corporate masters and banksters want their slaves and debtors ( lifetime economic slaves) They've legalized robbery for banksters, but criminalize your kids for being born!
    Stand for your kids if you won't do it for yourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    What a nicely written article that speaks for so many of us! Anger is definitely becoming a national trait for those of us who feel powerless to stop this president and his "surges." Here is another thing I'm becoming aware of: Obama is just exhausting!! He seems to have the ability to just wear us out. How can one man have the ability to just exhaust an entire nation? Every day, he is on a plane to somewhere, giving a speech, or pushing, pushing, pushing his ideas to yet another crowd. None of the citizens in the country can relax even one day because he is always pushing for yet something else that promises to ruin the country's future. We have to stay EVER VIGILANT 24/7. We all wonder if we will EVER get our lives back. He is succeeding in just wearing us all down day after day. I know. I know. We won't give up or give in--but sometimes I feel this national exhaustion that accompanies the anger the writer is talking about here.
    Well said as usual DJ! I feel exhausted by him AND congress. It was such a relief when they all had a few snow days earlier this year. I actually felt myself starting to live in the moment again, enjoying my family and taking the time to call old friends. I'm usually so on gaurd and trying trying trying to keep up with Obumma and all his constant antics. I go to bed not only exhausted and angry, but worried and scared. to. death!!!!

I have become obsessed with getting out of the city and buying property out in the country or rural area. I worry about not being able to properly feed my family should hyper inflation hit. I worry about a terrorist attack or civil unrest. I worry about gangs in the city. I worry about us being overrun by latin america. At least in the country, I could put a "buffer zone" of land around us to call our own.

I could go on and on, but Im too tired and worn out....and feeling way beyond my 40 years.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    I have become obsessed with getting out of the city and buying property out in the country or rural area. I worry about not being able to properly feed my family should hyper inflation hit. I worry about a terrorist attack or civil unrest. I worry about gangs in the city. I worry about us being overrun by latin america. At least in the country, I could put a "buffer zone" of land around us to call our own.

I could go on and on, but Im too tired and worn out....and feeling way beyond my 40 years.
    I know that you are so at risk with all these threats to your well-being, SicNTired. Just living in California is a big part of the angst. You really do have an advantage compared to most people though--you are AWARE of what is going on! Just keep trying to get out of debt and look for opportunities to relocate to the kind of small town you want. I own a house in S Cal that will probably never sell given the economy. So much for moving to a more peaceful place to retire! Hang in there, my friend. We are all just trying to keep our minds until November when we can vote the bums out of office!

Re: NAU is very apparent in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzydbear
    what a good article! it is so true, and Americans need to stand for the youth whom feel they have no future except for emaciated, shackles and chains in the corporate dictatorship. Calling American tax paying citizens "terrorists" if they have dissent for "their" government is a crime within itself!

Don't vote for public servants whom take money/incentives from corporations to maniupulate OUR laws and criminalize our youth so they have NO American rights and can never change anything!

Indeed the US Constitution! A good start would be for OUR public servants serve the American people protect their freedoms, rights and liberties and their children's as we pay them to do and keep to the oath they swore or get out of OUR offices and buildings!

The reason they haven't put OUR troops on the Mexican border is because of the NAU ( North American Union) signed 3/03 making us ONE country like the European Union. ALL of the Mexicans crossing KNOW about the NAU, and it shocks me how many US citizens do NOT know about it. The NAU is only one reason as the illegals arrive they pick up their Tax ID numbers. Growing up In Arizona I've seen countless business owners here hire illegals, some actually going down and picking them up. Then you have the CIA whose been bringing drugs in the USA for how long? How many Tax Paying American families have been destroyed behind their drug empire? either through death some how drug related, crime and don't forget the prison/slave industrial complex they've created here in Arizona right above the Mexican border.
    I mean with satellites doing 24/7 surveillance, cameras everywhere and coincidently we could probably find at least one illegal drug in almost every town in the USA. There is a darker motive here folks. Stripping American rights from your kids after they've been targeted by the CIA drug trafficking operation. They want your kids and my kids to have NO American rights, freedoms or liberties hopefully by age 18. They won't even be able to get a student loan, vote, bare arms, run for office, let alone get a job. They can however still PAY taxes. Then future generations truley will be slaves in shackles and chains.
    I find the people in Arizona that say this and say that politically and at home they have "illegals" doing their ranch work, landscaping etc. I find their rhetoric very hypocritical. Arpio I guess did not get the memo about the NAU and I feel he and his should be using resources to get the NAU, Patriot Acts and homeland security polcies that call Americans terrorists rescinded when drug trafficking is a terrorist attack, and so is Mexicans murdering ranchers, and actually declaring war on us on our soil, because they have Tax ID numbers. What I don't like about Arpio is he's from (NJ for one) kidding!... and his retired snow birds and transplants put him in and there are youth haters! he is punishing American's kids in HIS jails next to his Mexicans Why should America's youth have to be in jails with his Mexicans to suffer along side of them when it is all about paying HIS/THEIR bills of the tax payers and the slave labor prisoners do. He is charging tax paying American inmates for food, meals that aren't fit for my dog. Don't forget the right to work law in Az where they pay servers $2.60 an hour tax it and then ASSUME how much tips you make and tax it too! sounds like SLAVERY to me and Arizona's politicians are pro-corporate and pro-slavery! The business do NOT hire more workers, they make the ONE worker do TWICE the work for SLAVE wages! period!
    If compared to cost of living... Minimum wage should be $25.00 an hour!
    Plus after being gone for 11 yrs and came back and Arizona LOOKED like Mexico to me and Phoenix looks so ghetto to me now!
    It is the total HATE for America's future OUR youth! It is OUR responsibility to be TRUTHFUL with our children, share our wisdom, guidance and we PAY these jokers to protect our children and drug trafficking is a terrorist attack targeting our kids! Tell your children why "they" want them to do drugs! Billion dollars is one.
    They don't tell the public about the NAU or the Tax Id numbers, oh yeah Uncle Sam raking in the bucks you don't know about. They keep allowing people that HATE America and Americans freely roam our countryside. So MUCH money WASTED deporting them over and over, cause the corporate masters and banksters want their slaves and debtors ( lifetime economic slaves) They've legalized robbery for banksters, but criminalize your kids for being born!
    Stand for your kids if you won't do it for yourselves!
    Welcome to ALIPAC fuzzybear!

Good post there yourself. Yep the NAU is has got to be one of the most diabolical things ever contrived of. The reason the general public doesn't know much if anything about it, is the backlash it would generate. The phase we are in right now is the conditioning phase. If we give in, they win. And so far, it looks like it is backfiring on them. The more they push, the more resistance arises to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ

I know that you are so at risk with all these threats to your well-being, SicNTired. Just living in California is a big part of the angst. You really do have an advantage compared to most people though--you are AWARE of what is going on! Just keep trying to get out of debt and look for opportunities to relocate to the kind of small town you want. I own a house in S Cal that will probably never sell given the economy. So much for moving to a more peaceful place to retire! Hang in there, my friend. We are all just trying to keep our minds until November when we can vote the bums out of office!
    DJ, I have wanted out of here for at least the last 5 years. I didn't realize how bad it was until my dad moved to ID. Once I spent some time there, I realized how much better life could be in a more conservative state. I'd do just about anything to get out of here, but I can't and I'm trying to bloom where I am planted. Besides that, I fear that in the not too distant future, there will be no where left to run.

DJ
    DJ, I have wanted out of here for at least the last 5 years. I didn't realize how bad it was until my dad moved to ID. Once I spent some time there, I realized how much better life could be in a more conservative state. I'd do just about anything to get out of here, but I can't and I'm trying to bloom where I am planted. Besides that, I fear that in the not too distant future, there will be no where left to run.
    Your dad is probably about my age and stage of life. Here's the thing. Without all the fear and anxiety, just imagine how you might move into a new life. Sometimes you need to use some creative thinking--but that is how new goals get accomplished! Play the "what if" game. The "no place left to run" is your fear talking and is not productive. People DO change their lives for the better. Maybe not TODAY--but they wait, watch, and plan. That is what I am saying here, my friend.