Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anglo-American singing Mexican Music...what's next?

http://www.elgringomusica.com/bio.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    EL GRINGO As the early morning sun starts to rise over his family's ranch near El Paso, El Gringo has already been working for several hours alongside with the Mexican "vaqueros". Norteno music is blaring from their pickup trucks, and El Gringo asks one of the vaqueros to translate the Spanish lyrics to him. The song is "La Puerta Negra", and little by little El Gringo starts to learn Spanish.
    (before becoming known as El Gringo, he was Shawn Kiehne. His first musical success was when he entered a high school talent contest on a dare, and ended up winning 1st place!)

El Gringo started getting offers to sing in country music bands, and even ended up winning many talent contest including garnering 2nd Place in the Nashville Star southwest regionals held in Albuquerque.

A few years later El Gringo lived for a while in Culiacan, Sinaloa Mexico where he studied Spanish and became immersed in the Mexican culture and way of life. While in Sinaloa he also studied the Norteno style of music and began to venture into writing and singing songs in Spanish, finding his own unique style that he has today.

In 2005, El Gringo competed in the regional finals for El Gigante de Manana TV show by Univision and won 2nd place out of 123 contestants in El Paso, Texas.

In early 2006, El Gringo travels to Monterrey, Mexico looking to capture that authentic Norteno sound for his songs, and he began recording with respected producer/manager Roberto Gallardo and his team.

El Gringo is the first Anglo-American to write and sing songs in the Norteno genre. With one of his songs already selected to be in a movie by Sony Pictures, El Gringo's star is rising quickly over the Latin music horizon!

Banned
    spanish polka and latino music sucks , sorry JMO , almost as
    bad as rap

Except Santana ,

Actually, Mexican polka style music is derived from Austrian polka music and is therefore more European than decadent American rock and rap music. Most American have forgotten their European cultural roots, and this makes it easy for us to be conquered. Our popular art and music culture has become decadent ever since the hippie days of the 1960's, though I would actually go back further to include Elvis. The fall of Western Culture is marked by the rise of the screechy electric guitar as the replacement for the piano.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Is this "musical success" supposed to demonstrate equality or something? Not sure I understand.

I honestly could care less of some white guy wants to sing like the mexicans. I just want the illegal invaders out!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Actually, Mexican polka style music is derived from Austrian polka music and is therefore more European than decadent American rock and rap music. Most American have forgotten their European cultural roots, and this makes it easy for us to be conquered. Our popular art and music culture has become decadent ever since the hippie days of the 1960's, though I would actually go back further to include Elvis. The fall of Western Culture is marked by the rise of the screechy electric guitar as the replacement for the piano.
    I'm 3rd Generation German and I still hate Polka

But love Irish music ,

go figure

As for me I love all genre of Music, from Classical Music, New Age, Celtic to classic rock, instrumental, and easy listening and yes even Mexican music.

However I'm not too crazy about Norteno Music has too much OOOmmmpa that all of them sound the same. I do love Juan Gabriel though, he is equalivant to Elton John.

Having said that I just notice something in this article:

[/quote]A few years later El Gringo lived for a while in Culiacan, Sinaloa Mexico where he studied Spanish and became immersed in the Mexican culture and way of life

O My....didn't he demand everything in English just like they demand Spanish everything in my country?

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    bad as rap

Except Santana ,
    Are you kidding about Santana. This might just be an internet rumor but I heard he used to be an IA.

Latin Music

I love latin music. Especially the Bossa Nova and the samba. I'm not so crazy about the mariachi but the instruments are quite interesting..those huge bass guitars...the guitar is a spanish instrument anyway. Salsa is great..comes from the caribbean. Popular music today is considered "world beat" ..has influences from music all over the world. Music is a uniter..not a divider. I dislike rap though..I am a musician and I play a lot of latin music. Jazz is a marriage of European harmony and afro-cuban rhythms. I don't understand why music has to be a factor in this??? This is about breaking the law. (illegal immigration)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    bad as rap

Except Santana ,
    Are you kidding about Santana. This might just be an internet rumor but I heard he used to be an IA.
    I believe his family legally migrated