Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Palin smear bites the dust

Another Palin smear bites the dust
    posted at 8:59 pm on September 5, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Nutcase bloggers will have to find another smear against Sarah Palin … again. Did you hear that Todd Palin’s former business partner tried to get his divorce records sealed? Conspiracy theorists immediately began speculating on line that Sarah Palin — that vixen! — must have had an affair and broken up the marriage. Why else would the partner suddenly act to seal his records?

As the Smoking Gun discovered, Scott Richter wanted them sealed — to protect himself from conspiracy theorists (h/t: William Amos):

[quote]So when the blogosphere discovered today (via an online court docket) that Scott Richter, a Palin associate, personally filed a sealing motion in Alaska Superior Court, well, conclusions were jumped to. Was Sarah Palin named as the other woman in a messy divorce action? Well, since Richter’s September 3 motion, a copy of which you’ll find below, was denied yesterday, his divorce filings remain open to the public. And a TSG review of the 98-page file shows that the Palins are only mentioned in Richter’s sealing request.

According to the filing, Richter wanted the documents deemed confidential in a bid to cloak details about his home, workplace, and phone numbers because “reporters and news agenciesâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The bogus Sarah Palin Banned Books List
    By Michelle Malkin • September 6, 2008 12:01 AM
    Photoshop: David Lunde

Palin Derangement Syndrome strikes again. This time it’s hysterical librarians and their readers on the Internet disseminating a bogus list of books Gov. Sarah Palin supposedly banned in 1996. Looks like some of these library people failed reading comprehension. Take a look at the list below and you’ll find books Gov. Palin supposedly tried to ban…that hadn’t even been published yet. Example: The Harry Potter books, the first of which wasn’t published until 1998.

The smear merchants who continue to circulate the list also failed to do a simple Google search, which would have showed them that the bogus Sarah Palin Banned Book List is almost an exact copy-and-paste reproduction of a generic list of “Books Banned at One Time or Another in the United Statesâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow, perfect timing Zeezil. I just read the smear post on a local parenting board and everyone is outraged at how awful Palin is. This board recently did a poll and about 65% plan to vote for Obama, only one voted 'other' (me).

I just posted Michele Malkin's article. Thank you!!!

Glad it's a bogus list coz I've read quite a number of those.....many assigned when I was in school and they were good.

Just for entertainment - here are the responses I received after posting the link to Malkin's blog:

It was my understanding from the links I sent that she never specified any "banned book list" ..... just asked in a town hall type meeting if the librarian would be *willing* to ban books and the librarian responded absolutely not. Then got a letter asking her to resign for not supporting her mayor a few months later. Just because the banned book list is fake, doesnt mean that what I sent is innaccurate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article seems to target more administration choices, rather than a books list. I must admit, I know nothing about the Anchorage Daily News, but I assume it is equivalent to the N&O or some such, not a scandal sheet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This article seems to target more administration choices, rather than a books list. I must admit, I know nothing about the Anchorage Daily News, but I assume it is equivalent to the N&O or some such, not a scandal sheet. "

I would assume it has much less bias than the blog of a right wing conservative. I dont mean that negatively .... I think the same could be said for something written by Al Franken or someone on the left.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kilkenny.asp

They LOVE Obama over there. Too funny.