Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Any other American Hispanics fed up with Wal-Mart's...?

As many of you may have seen Wal-Mart is currently running commercials about how they fund scholarships for Hispanics and it promotes Hispanic heritage month. I think the commercial promotes excessive racial pride. I feel people need to be put being an American first. I believe people should get by on their merits not their race. I'm firmly aganist raced based scholarships. I believe in being an American first.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Agreed! Though I am not Hispanic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There was a wonderful Hispanic Lady on the Rick Roberts radio show today, she said how she came to this country to be an American and studied hard to learn the language. She has no love for the la raza group.
    I'm a first generation American myself and while I'm proud of my heritage I don't concider myself anything but American!
    This is what America is all about, freedom not race!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    "I'm firmly aganist raced based scholarships. I believe in being an American first."

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, browneyes106!

As a first generation immigrant myself and from south america to boot, I worked my tooshie off to become American and I am embarassed and infuriated that hispanic illegal aliens & their enablers are making all latinos look lazy & stupid. Why else would we need to cater to foreigners in their own language? This shames me.

Although my parents never learned english as they were already into their middle years when we came over, I was their translator. We didn't whine about not receiving special privileges, because we used our own BRAINS and intelligence. Intelligence and responsibility are sadly lacking in this new breed of "immigrants".
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    As a first generation immigrant myself and from south america to boot, I worked my tooshie off to become American and I am embarassed and infuriated that hispanic illegal aliens & their enablers are making all latinos look lazy & stupid. Why else would we need to cater to foreigners in their own language? This shames me.

Although my parents never learned english as they were already into their middle years when we came over, I was their translator. We didn't whine about not receiving special privileges, because we used our own BRAINS and intelligence. Intelligence and responsibility are sadly lacking in this new breed of "immigrants".
    I can understand older immigrants not learning English. A former coworker of mine immigrated legally with his parents from Romania. His parents were a bit older when they had him. They were in their 60's when they immigrated while my coworker was in his 20's. He learned English at a language school. The parents later moved back after becoming U.S. citizens due to a family business problem back in Romania. You are right many illegals lack the concept of personal responsibility. They just expect to be catered to and they simply don't care about how much harder they make things for public services, businesses etc.

[/b]

My elderly relative, who dodged bombs during WWII, came here legally as a refugee, and was run through the gamut of medical tests when she arrived and she worked hard to take the citizenship exam, even though she already spoke English, as well as German and Russian and Finnish. She is one of the proudest Americans I know, and is absolutely livid as to what these Hispanic fringe groups are doing to undermine the country, and unfortunately we are giving into their demands.
    Unfortunately, those with Hispanic heritage that are proud American citizens are not able to combat the screams of LaRaza, MALDEF, and all the others.
    We absolutely need to band together as Americans first, those who celebrate our varied roots. But for so many, we should not exist as a country. And that viewpoint is also shared by the Eastern Europeans and Russian mafia, the Muslims out to destroy us on a religious basis, the Chinese buying up everything of value with money we pay them to produce our cheap products and the interest we pay them on our Treasury obligations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    My elderly relative, who dodged bombs during WWII, came here legally as a refugee, and was run through the gamut of medical tests when she arrived and she worked hard to take the citizenship exam, even though she already spoke English, as well as German and Russian and Finnish. She is one of the proudest Americans I know, and is absolutely livid as to what these Hispanic fringe groups are doing to undermine the country, and unfortunately we are giving into their demands.
    Unfortunately, those with Hispanic heritage that are proud American citizens are not able to combat the screams of LaRaza, MALDEF, and all the others.
    We absolutely need to band together as Americans first, those who celebrate our varied roots. But for so many, we should not exist as a country. And that viewpoint is also shared by the Eastern Europeans and Russian mafia, the Muslims out to destroy us on a religious basis, the Chinese buying up everything of value with money we pay them to produce our cheap products and the interest we pay them on our Treasury obligations, etc.
    I applaud your relative for being a proud American. Many proud Americans who immigrated legally are being slapped in the face by a government that allows illegal immigrants to be catered to.

I can't stand groups like LaRaza, MALDEF, LULAC. They think they have the right to speak for everyone with a Hispanic background but they don't.