Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arpaio says no to heaters at Tent City

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stor ... 4c560.html
    Arpaio says no to heaters at Tent City

11:49 AM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, January 16, 2007

By 3TV

Chilly temperatures have many of us staying inside to cozy up, but inmates at Tent City don't have a choice.

So on Monday, they asked Sheriff Joe Arpaio for some relief.

Some of them asked for hats and sweaters while others demanded to be moved inside to escape the cold.

Arpaio, however, just gave the inmates the cold shoulder and told them they're in jail not the Hilton hotel.

He said each inmate got five blankets and a long-sleeved thermal shirt and that's all they're going to get.

"We have no heaters here because if I had heaters in there they'd destroy the heaters," Arpaio said. "They'll burn this Tent City down so we give them some extra blankets. What else do they need?"

Arpaio also said he's more concerned about our troops in Iraq than he is about convicted criminals
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love that man! I am totally against cloning but he makes me rethink my position.

if we can't clone him maybe he should be promoted... maybe give him jorges job... couldn't do worse.

Good for Sheriff Arpaio! He's right, they would use the heaters as a fire source. Prisoners in this country have been coddled for too long. I hope other Sheriffs and Wardens will follow his example; then maybe the prisoners will try to obey the law so they don't have to go back. That's a prisoner rehabilitation method I can support.