Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arpaio's Tent City, 144 degrees

Does Arpaio's Ice Help Tent City Inmates?

Tent temps measure 144 degrees

Updated: Saturday, 02 Jul 2011, 6:15 PM MST
    Published : Saturday, 02 Jul 2011, 6:02 PM MST

PHOENIX - One place where people don't get a chance to cool down in the severe Arizona heat is Tent City.

Inmates at the Maricopa County Jail are outside, even in the extreme heat.

So, Sheriff Joe Arpaio made sure they remained healthy while enduring the heat on Saturday.

The convicted inmates are at Tent City for various crimes, like forgery and unlawful possession of firearms.

Opinions vary on whether or not people should be subjected to the blazing summer temperatures in the desert southwest.

Arpaio's temperature gun showed it was 144 degrees in the tents on Saturday.

“Right now in Baghad, it’s 115 degrees. If our men and women can go fight for our country, these guys can stop complaining about the tents here,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I could care less. If ya do the crime, ya gotta do the time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

=================================

That's hot. I saw 124 in Saudi Arabia.

144 is lethal.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME

144 is lethal.
    So true here 124 without your protective gear and back pack on helmet on that adds to your heat too.At least inmates have lighter clothing and dont have to go out on patrols and get shot at looking for road side bombs and wonder when they will get their next meal or water.Ill take 144 over 124 everyday.124 is killer when your packed up and your addrinualin is high always on alert stress just adds to the heat.Plus you dont get the showers like they do.If you do the crime do the time maybe next time they will think about that heat and not get into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman

144 is lethal.
    So true here 124 without your protective gear and back pack on helmet on that adds to your heat too.At least inmates have lighter clothing and dont have to go out on patrols and get shot at looking for road side bombs and wonder when they will get their next meal or water.Ill take 144 over 124 everyday.124 is killer when your packed up and your addrinualin is high always on alert stress just adds to the heat.Plus you dont get the showers like they do.If you do the crime do the time maybe next time they will think about that heat and not get into trouble.
    ==============================

Between my two sons and I, we have 7 years in the sandbox. My oldest has three, and just got tagged for another. He has two bronze stars and is a civilian soldier.

Something very wrong with this picture.

BTW, stay close to God. Jesus is your best Friend. And miracles still do happen.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

144 is lethal.
    ==============================

Between my two sons and I, we have 7 years in the sandbox. My oldest has three, and just got tagged for another. He has two bronze stars and is a civilian soldier.

Something very wrong with this picture.

BTW, stay close to God. Jesus is your best Friend. And miracles still do happen.
    I know what you meen with my 30years of military experiance we understand.We as soldiers dont complain we just do the job we are ask to do.Thank you for your service and thank your sons for me ill be thinking of them and praying for them.I have a nephew deploying next month also August.talking to him yesterday the 3rd july he was asking me questions about my experiance while i severd its hard to tell him everything because you dont know what he going to experiance compaired to what i have but you tell him the best you can and hope it helps.We as soldiers are asked to do things sometimes we may question but we reason it out and try are damnest to get the job done to the best outcome and hopefully servive.Prisoners are in the jail because they chose to do a crime they have no compaints.Happy thanks for service and your sons i know what it meens to be thanked being a retired soldier myself duckman

Temperature "guns" are used to measure surface temperatures, not ambient air temps. Was 110-125 all across the Phoenix area on Saturday. It's hot and its fairly normal for that area. Suck it up cons.

i know what it meens to be thanked being a retired soldier myself duckman