Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Asian guestworkers want to quash hiring citizenship inquiry

If these folks have their way, the distinction between a citizen of the US and a non-citizen, such as someone here on a temporary guestworker visa or even an illegal alien, will be blurred and obscured. They are trying to play this as discrimination based on national origin, which it is not. It is legal (for now!) and, in fact, mandated that we "discriminate" as to what rights a person has to be in this country, and on what terms. Again, non-immigrants are claiming the status of immigrants and asserting that citizenship rights belong to them as well. They are trying to build a case that they are fully equivalent to citizens when it comes to access to our society and its benefits. What will this do for La Raza if they win?

4) We hear a lot of about 'H1B only Ads'. What about countless - may be in hundreds or thousands - that explicitly say ' US citizens only' or 'US citizens or Permant Residents only'. Agreed, there could be issues in security clearances in DOD projects and such. But the majority of these jobs have nothing to do with military or National Security. Aren't these job ads not only discriminatory against EADs and in same cases even GC holders, but also a clear violation of Equal Employment Opportunity law?

What is EEOC doing to stop these Ads? What is EEOC doing to stop employers from asking questions such as 'Are you US citizen? Are you Permanent Resident?' in the job applications?

It's not just the jobs anymore. These questions have found their way to loan applications too. I had tough time securing a loan due to my immigration status. Why isn't government recapturing hundreds of thousands of wasted EB visas to help at least some of us of these blatant widespread discrimination.

Compared to the above discriminations blessed by law and regulations (or lack of), an employer not paying a thousand dollars backwages is quite insignificant. It's pointless to blame employers for discrimination when the law and regulations themselves bless and promote such discrimination.
    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showt ... p?p=336889

[My note, being here on an H-1B is not an 'immigration status' H-1Bs are by definition not immigrants]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think all American should be FIRST.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)