ATF agent, wife found dead in Va.
home; teens were in house at time

Justin Jouvenal/The Washington Post -
Crime scene tape surrounds a Chantilly home Wednesday morning where two people were found dead.

By Dana Hedgpeth and Justin Jouvenal, Updated: Wednesday, November 20, 12:39 PME-mail the writers

Fairfax County police said two people were found dead early Wednesday in the 13400 block of Point Pleasant Drive in Chantilly, and two teenagers were apparently in the home when they died.

Police identified the pair as Paul Parisi, 46, and his wife, Jannine, 47. Law enforcement officials confirmed that Paul Parisi is an agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Authorities said they received a call for a shooting at 5:10 a.m. When police arrived, they found two adults “deceased in the home,” according to Lucy Caldwell, a Fairfax County police spokeswoman.

“At this point in the investigation, we don’t believe there is a public safety threat,” Caldwell said. “We believe the situation is contained within the home.”

A neighbor said he heard a brief outburst of crying and screaming around 5 a.m. It sounded like the voice of a woman or child.

Fairfax County Police spokesman Don Gotthardt said authorities “understand there were two teens in the house at the time of the incident.” Caldwell added that the two teenagers were not hurt and fled to a neighbor’s home. The neighbor then called the police. The initial call was for a report of shots fired.

Neither Gotthardt or Caldwell could give details on the teenagers’ connections to the two adults, but neighbors said the couple had two girls.

Amy Dobbs, who lives next door to where the shooting occurred said Wednesday morning “they were friendly, just like you always hear.” She said the husband was often doing woodwork around the house. The wife was a physical education teacher at a local middle school.

On Wednesday, police tape surrounded the house. Neighbors said the family recently put in a basketball court.

ATF agent, wife found dead in Va.
home; teens were in house at time