Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Atheists Are at It Again!

Atheists Are at It Again! | Print | E-mail
    Written by Raven Clabough
    Tuesday, 02 March 2010 12:50
    Christians at a Texas College Campus find themselves in a battle between good and evil as atheists once again “peacefullyâ€

From a section of the book I am currently reading on the life of William McKinley. As President he was killed by an avowed atheist and anarchist. The book was copyrighted 1901.

"Rooted in a theory which denies the very existence of God, they ignore the fact that man must and will obey something -- if not the higher principles of law and order, then they become the slaves of their own brutal passions -- the helpless victims of their own uncontrolled and vicious impulses. How truly are they "brought into captivity to the law of sin which is in their members."

The dangerous class is not the illiterate. The leaders of this lawlessness are often those who are trained in science and letters, but a lack of conscience and moral culture they become a menace to society. Secular education alone leads to a one-sided and morbid development; it is the brilliant and accomplished villain who perpetrates the great wrongs upon humanity; the people are robbed by the great manipulators of the markets and not by petty thieves."

Which book is that? I may have read it in the past, but many moons ago.

The title is, Life of William McKinley Our Martyred President by Samuel Fallows, copyright 1901 Regan Printing House, Chicago, IL

Should you find a copy, I believe it would make a good addition to your library of references. I was searching for monetary policies, particularly from Woodrow Wilson's administration when I came across this book on the shelves.

I also came across another book on politics and the characters of the early decades of the 20th century written anonymously. Great insights from the writer concerning the different powerful men of Washington of the period. A series of short biographies (more an analysis of their personalities than a biography) of these men without the concern for credit or for retribution towards the unknown author. A neat book from 1921. The Mirrors of Washington published by the Knickerbocker Press. All of the characters in the book you would recognize as powerful men during the period of Harding and Wilson. The author wields the pen like a sword in his analysis of their personalities and the insights of their political trials.

This is from the Chicago Tribune after the assassination of President McKinley.

Anarchists are always atheists. Their fundamental proposition that there is no rightful government begins with the assertion that there is no God. If there is no God there is no moral government of the world, and in the general chaos it is every man for himself.

At the World's Congress Auxiliary in Chicago, the congress of anarchists,

When Johann Most, the typical representative of the cult, was in Chicago, he declared in German that the first thing anarchists had to do was to "destroy every altar, to extinguish every religion, to tear down God from the heavens." "What right, would any man have to govern another unless God gave him that right? Down with God!"

Another paragraph from the book, keep in mind it is from 1901 before the Russian Revolution.

Anarchy in its modern form is founded upon the teaching of Karl Marx and his followers, and its aims directly at the destruction of all forms of society, religion, and government. It offers no solution of the problems of humanity -- no hope beyond the grave, or even on this side of it -- no recognition of the conditions which must obtain if they should succeed in destroying society, but it contents itself with declaring that the present duty is tearing down, and the work of building up, if it comes at all, must come later.

It is now "later." More than one hundred years "later." Are we done "tearing down?" What are we "building up?"

Thankyou kindly roundabout! I have then added to my list. I did read the book on McKinley back in highschool, as I did an essay on him, and found a copy of it at the local library. Not an original print version, but they did have it back in the 70s.

The other one sounds quite good also. Sounds like good references and would explain why so many older people who are knowledgeable on the subject like Eustice Mullens who was tutorred under Ezra Pound, was able to give a good in depth description of the "Money Men" from that era.

Thankyou kindly roundabout!
    Your quite welcome Hylander. The book on McKinley has been a real bonus. I was looking for certain info and ended up with much more. It is chock full of neat pieces of history that perhaps only one who had lived through those times could explain and include in such a thorough manner. It is a window to the past, a past of that we cannot escape, no matter how hard we may try.

Revisionists, beware!

The author is also responsible for another book on the "Life of Samuel Adams." Another I will look for as I like the authors style.

Cool! Samuel Adams is one of the Founding Fathers I really respect. I will add that to the list of wishes too!