Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Attempted Murder Charge Filed in Road Rage Incident

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1240616/

Attempted Murder Charge Filed in Road Rage Incident

A Raleigh man is facing multiple charges, including attempted murder, after a pedestrian told police he was purposely hit by a vehicle over the weekend.
    Doroteo Calles Hernandez, 23, of 605-A Charleston Road, is also charged with driving while intoxicated and driving without a license. He is being held in the Wake County Jail on a $1 million secured bond.
    David Barber, 51, told police he and his girlfriend were walking their dog in the area of Jeffries Street and Dana Drive in southwest Raleigh at about 5 p.m. Saturday when a vehicle sped past and he yelled at the driver to slow down.
    The driver circled the block and returned to run him over, Barber said.
    "We heard his car before we actually saw it," he said.
    "I remember feeling a sinking feeling in my stomach and thinking, 'Oh, no,'" said Cissy McKissick, Barber's girlfriend.
    "I heard Dave yell, 'You're not going to hit me,' and I think he was still saying that when the guy hit him. I saw him flip up in the air, and I thought, 'There's no way he's going to be OK.'"
    The driver left the scene, but not before losing control and hitting a tree. The car was leaking some sort of fluid that left a trail to the suspect's apartment less than a mile from the scene of the crime. The maroon Ford Contour now sits outside of the apartment with a smashed windshield, crushed hood and deployed airbags.
    Barber was taken to WakeMed with two bones broken in his leg. He said he expects to be released from the hospital on Tuesday but will require extensive physical therapy. He said the incident will make him think twice before he tells someone to slow down again.
    "It's very frightening to know that people's rage can get to that level," McKissick said.
    Reporter: Sloane Heffernan
    Photographer: Bobbie Eng
    Web Editor: Matthew Burns
    Copyright 2007 by WRAL.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

$1 million secured bond.
    We see that level of bond applied often when they know the person is an illegal alien.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)